Barbecue Dove Poppers
- By Tom Jackson
- Sep 23, 2022
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for Barbecue Dove Poppers! Jalapeños stuffed full of smoked cream cheese, gouda and honey are topped with wild dove breasts and wrapped in bacon before getting a little char on the grill and a sweet barbecue sauce glaze!
- 6 doves
- 6 large jalapeños
- 4 oz smoked cream cheese
- 3/4 cup/2 oz Gouda cheese, grated
- 1 tsp Reida Farm Kansas Wildflower Honey
- 1 tsp Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All-Purpose Seasoning
- 12 slices classic but bacon
- Firebug Mild Grillin’ Sauce
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 450ºF set up for direct grilling with GrillGrate panels in place over the fire box.
Using a paring knife, remove the breasts from the doves.
Slice your jalapeños in half lengthwise and scoop out the pith and seeds.
Combine the smoked cream cheese, gouda, Reida Farm Wildflower Honey and Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All-Purpose Seasoning in a small bowl and mix well.
Fill the halved jalapeños with the cream cheese mixture.
| You might also enjoy: Bacon Wrapped Barbecue Scotch Egg
Place a dove breast on top of each filled jalapeño. Wrap the bacon around the stuffed pepper and dove, fully encasing the popper and toothpick in place.
Grill the poppers top side down directly on the GrillGrates until nice grill marks are formed, about five minutes. Flip and grill another five minutes, then move the poppers to the right side of the grill to finish cooking over indirect heat.
| You might also enjoy: Bacon Wrapped Dove Breasts
When the bacon is fully rendered and the filling starts to spill out the edges, brush the tops of the poppers with Firebug Mild Grillin’ Sauce and remove from the grill.
Yields 12 servings.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- BBQr's Delight Wood Pellets, 20lb BagAs low as
- Reida Honey Farm Raw Wildflower HoneyAs low as
- Cattleman's Grill Trail Dust All Purpose RubAs low as
- Firebug Grilling Sauce Mild BBQ SauceAs low as
- Boos Block R02 Cherry Cutting Board, 24" x 18" x 1.5"$197.95
- Wusthof Classic 8" Chef's Knife$170.00
- Chef Works Bronx Bib Apron$39.99
- ATBBQ New Era 9Fifty Flat-bill Snapback Hat$29.99Out of stock