Yoder Smokers Wood Fired Oven, YS480 and YS640
If there's one thing you can count on, it's that Yoder Smokers, makers of The World's Most Versatile Pellet Grill, would create an equally impressive Wood Fired Oven. When you think of a wood fired oven, it's easy to think "pizza oven”, but that would be selling this insert for the YS480 and YS640 pellet grills short. Just like every other Yoder Smokers experience, this oven is capable of so much more. From screaming hot Neapolitan pizza to sautéing and baking, the Yoder Smokers Wood Fired Oven can do it all. The only limit is your creativity.
Yoder Smokers took full advantage of the powerful fire of the YS480(S) and YS640(S) pellet grills to create a wood fired oven insert that rivals the best wood fired ovens on the market at any price. Baking, sautéing, and searing are all within easy reach. This oven is designed to cook from the bottom up and top down simultaneously for quick cooks and broiler-like browning. We've even discovered that, because of the high heat and quality build materials, the top of the oven can be used as a high-powered cooking surface by using cast iron or carbon steel cookware.
Thanks to Yoder Smokers’ relentless pursuit of quality, even the American made proprietary 3/4” thick stone exceeds expectations. And, because it's from Yoder, it’s a given that all parts are built to last. It can be ready to cook in as little as 30 minutes and the stone holds temperature longer than many other stones available today. This results in a near immediate recovery time, useful for cooking multiple items one after another. So go ahead and throw a weekend pizza party; this oven can handle it. Since the only setup is to light your grill and set your desired temperature, the Yoder Smokers Wood Fired Oven offers freedom from managing a fire which makes it the perfect weeknight tool as well.
If you're looking for an easy to use and highly capable wood fired oven that will inspire you to reach beyond ordinary meals, Yoder Smokers’ Wood Fired Oven is the perfect match. This oven will change your life - in fact, you may never cook indoors again.
- *For use in YS480(S) and YS640(S) model pellet grills with side wall thermocouple (not compatible with back wall thermocouple)
- Made in the USA
- From power-on to ready-to-cook in 30-minutes
- Cook with your grill’s lid open or closed
- Constructed of powder coated steel, steels and a 3/4" thick kiln-fired stone
- Achieves 700-degrees Fahrenheit at the stone and 900-degrees at the top of the dome
- Proprietary 3/4” thick stone provides near immediate recovery
- Precise temperature control allows you roast, sear, and bake effortlessly
- Cooks from the bottom up and top down simultaneously
- Versatile enough to control and cook at lower temps for items like bread, chicken, and casseroles with broiler-like browning on top
- Place a Cast Iron pan on the top to sauté sauces, roast potatoes and more.
- Even cooking surface, convection air creates a crisp crust and melty topping at the same time
- Shipping Weight: 45 lbs.
- Overall dimensions: 17.75" deep x 19.75" wide x 6.75" high
- Oven opening dimensions: 4.125" high x 14.188" wide
- Heat diffuser dimensions: 20" deep x 21" wide
- Model Number: A93331
- Patent Pending
Instructions for Use
Remove cooking grates, second shelf, and the entire heat diffuser (not just the access door).
Install the oven’s perforated heat distribution plate all the way to the left, making sure the vertical flange is pointing up.
Place oven dome on heat distribution plate ensuring the tabs align with the slots.
Place stone in oven rough side up and preheat grill for 30 minutes until the dome and stone are sufficiently heated.
Note: this unit for use with left side hoppers only with side wall thermocouple (not compatible with back wall thermocouple)
Customer Reviews & Questions
Our experts are here to guide you through your purchase.