Shun Sora 8" Chef's Knife
An all-purpose blade ideal for a wide variety of cutting tasks. The eight-inch length is perfect for preparing fruits, vegetables, proteins, and other foods. This particular chef's knife design is more Japanese in style, meaning it has less curve than a traditional western style chef's knife. This means more of your blade comes into contact with the board resulting in more food cut per slice. The gentle roll off the tip means the Sora 8" chef's knife needs to be lifted off the board less which results in more efficiency. Comfortable and natural to wield.
- Sora line focuses on exceptional quality at accessible price point
- Steel: Proprietary Composite Blade Technology; VG10 san mai cutting core; Japanese 420J blade upper
- VG10 is clad with one layer of stainless steel on each side to create the san mai cutting edge and provide stain resistance
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Handle: Traditional Japanese handle design in easy-care, textured PP/TPE blend
- Blade length: 8 in. (20.3 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan
Customer Reviews & Questions
Our experts are here to guide you through your purchase.