Shun Kanso Hollow Ground 7" Santoku
The Shun Kanso Hollow Ground 7" Santoku Knife is ideal for slicing and dicing veggies, fruits, and small cuts of meat. The high-performance steel blade is highly refined, high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel that takes a razor-sharp edge and holds it longer. The knife’s slightly curved blade allows you to make rocking cuts and its size is similar to that of an all-purpose chef's knife. There’s no need to saw back and forth as the hollow-ground indentations on the blade help food release more easily. The Kanso line's heritage finish hides scratches and gives the knife a rustic look that improves with use. The handle is made of a wood called tagayasan or wenge, which is sometimes known in Japan as “iron sword wood.” The handle contouring enables an easy chef's grip.
- Ideal all-purpose kitchen knife with slight curve on blade
- Hollow-ground indentations help food release from the blade
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Heritage finish hides scratches, gives Kanso a rustic look that just improves with age
- Steel: AUS10A—high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel
- Contoured tagayasan or wenge wood
- Blade length: 7 in. (17.78 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan
Customer Reviews & Questions
Our experts are here to guide you through your purchase.