Jensen Outdoor Classic Ipe Ruby Rocker
The Classic Ipe Ruby Rocker is handcrafted in durable Ipe timber. The deep brown finish can be kept as new or allowed to age to a noble silver over time.
Sway the day away as you relax in the cooling breeze in the Classic Ipe Ruby Rocker from Jensen Outdoor. An angled seat, slanted backrest and roomy arms constructed with individual slats of Ipe timber provide comfort for lazily rocking in your yard. The Classic Ipe Collection is acclaimed for master craftmanship and the use of 100% FSC certified Ipe timber sustainably sourced from dry, tropical forests in Bolivia. Ipe timber is favored in outdoor landscapes for its astounding durability and natural resistance to weather, sun, moisture and wind. Upon welcoming, Ipe timber charms with a rich, chocolate brown color that may be preserved for generations, or may be allowed to gracefully age into a subtle silver patina for a sentimental air.
Protecting New and Newly Cleaned Ipe Furniture:
- In a ventilated area, apply Wood Shield to all clean Ipe surfaces to further protect against water and food stains, then enjoy your new set outside.
As Needed Cleaning Instructions:
- Wash your Ipe wood surfaces with a soft towel and mild dish soap, then rinse clean with water. Once complete, allow to dry.
Restore The Deep Chocolate-Brown ‘As New’ Finish:
Ipe naturally develops an elegant silver patina over time when exposed to the elements. To restore the ‘as new’ chocolate brown finish of Ipe wood, follow our simple color-restoration process:
- To prepare Ipe for a UV-protective coat of Penofin® Verde Oil Finish, use Penofin® Wood Cleaner to remove surface dirt, then rinse off with water.
- To brighten and re-establish the pH balance of Ipe wood to best accept the Penofin® Verde Oil Finish, use Penofin® Pro-Tech Wood Brightener, then rinse off with water and allow to dry completely.
- Apply Penofin® Verde Oil Finish as directed on the can, letting it penetrate for 30 minutes.
- To remove excess oil finish that hasn’t been absorbed by the wood, rub the Ipe surface with smooth rags until dry to the touch. IMPORTANT: Dispose of rags in a metal bucket of water to avoid spontaneous combustion.
- After completely dry, apply Wood Shield to timber to provide additional protection against water and food stains.
Customer Reviews & Questions
Our experts are here to guide you through your purchase.