Jensen Outdoor Opal Dining Side Chair
The Opal Side Chair in durable Ipe timber has a transitional design that pairs perfectly with any Jensen Leisure Furniture Ipe dining table.
Add a side of sophistication to outdoor dining with the Opal Side Chair. Its clean lines and urbane styling make it a welcome guest at any dining table from Jensen Outdoor. Aside from the gracefully angled backrest and sturdy seat formed from fine slats of Ipe timber, you can't help but feast your eyes on the open "O" detail gracing the upper backrest, which is the signature of the Opal Collection and resembles its namesake precious stone. The Opal Collection dazzles with the finest artisan craftsmanship and transitional design expressed in 100% FSC-Certified Ipe timber from dry, tropical forests. This sustainably-sourced hardwood is strong and durable enough to withstand weather, moisture and prolonged sun exposure. The rich, chocolate brown hue of Ipe timber can be preserved with basic care yet letting it mature to a shimmery silver patina reveals its more elegant side.
- Chair frame is configured from sustainably-sourced, 100% FSC-Certified Ipe timber from dry, tropical forests in the heart of Bolivia.
- Ipe timber offers exceptional longevity and natural resistance to weather, sun, moisture, sun and wind.
- The deep, chocolate brown color and smoothly-sanded finish of Ipe timber may be preserved for generations yet may also be allowed to mature into a luminous silver patina.
- Mortise and tenon joinery maintains the Opal Collection's clean, sleek aesthetic.
- The upper backrest of the chair features an open "O" detail, which is the signature of the Opal Collection and is meant to reflect its namesake jewel.
- Individual slats of Ipe timber form the contoured seat and matching backrest of the chair.
- Some assembly required.
- Height: 34.75"
- Width: 19"
- Depth: 24.25"
- Seat Height: 16.75"
Protecting New and Newly Cleaned Ipe Furniture:
- In a ventilated area, apply Wood Shield to all clean Ipe surfaces to further protect against water and food stains, then enjoy your new set outside.
As Needed Cleaning Instructions:
- Wash your Ipe wood surfaces with a soft towel and mild dish soap, then rinse clean with water. Once complete, allow to dry.
Restore The Deep Chocolate-Brown ‘As New’ Finish:
Ipe naturally develops an elegant silver patina over time when exposed to the elements. To restore the ‘as new’ chocolate brown finish of Ipe wood, follow our simple color-restoration process:
- To prepare Ipe for a UV-protective coat of Penofin® Verde Oil Finish, use Penofin® Pro-Tech Wood Cleaner to remove surface dirt, then rinse off with water.
- To brighten and re-establish the pH balance of Ipe wood to best accept the Penofin® Verde Oil Finish, use Penofin® Pro-Tech Wood Brightener, then rinse off with water and allow to dry completely.
- Apply Penofin® Verde Oil Finish as directed on the can, letting it penetrate for 30 minutes.
- To remove excess oil finish that hasn't been absorbed by the wood, rub the Ipe surface with smooth rags until dry to the touch. IMPORTANT: Dispose of rags in a metal bucket of water to avoid spontaneous combustion.
- After completely dry, apply Wood Shield to timber to provide additional protection against water and food stains.
Customer Reviews & Questions
Our experts are here to guide you through your purchase.