Jensen Outdoor Opal Cushioned Lounge Chair with Cast Silver Cushions
Welcome deep conversation and moments of quiet reflection with the Opal Lounge Chair. Gather with a group of friends or escape with a good book when this stylish chair is paired with any complementary seating selections from Jensen Outdoor. Along with a supportive backrest and artfully sculpted arms crafted from linear slats of Ipe timber, this handsome chair the Opal Collection's signature, open "O" detail on its upper back inspired by its namesake precious stone.
The clean, sleek design of the Opal Collection is masterfully crafted from 100% FSC-Certified Ipe timber sustainably sourced from Bolivia's dry, tropical forests. Naturally strong and weather resistant, durable Ipe timber possesses a rich, chocolate brown color when new that is easily maintained or may be allowed to develop an elegant silver patina that sits beautifully with any décor. Includes low-back cushions in Sunbrella® Cast Silver fabric.
- Frame is masterfully constructed from 100% FSC-Certified Ipe timber sustainably sourced from dry, tropical forests deep in Bolivia and given a smooth-as-glass hand finish.
- Ipe timber is a naturally durable and desirable hardwood that withstands weather, rain, sun and wind.
- The smooth, sanded finish and deep, chocolate brown color of Ipe timber upon arrival can be easily preserved over time yet may also be allowed to develop a luminous silver patina that enhances its allure.
- Metal joinery construction provides additional strength and stability.
- The open "O" detail on the upper backrest of the lounge chair, which is the signature of the Opal Collection, is inspired by the dazzling stone of the same name.
- Features a subtly slanted backrest, sculptural arms and spacious seat crafted from individual slats of Ipe timber.
- Perfectly pairing with any seating ensemble from Jensen Outdoor, lounge in total comfort atop high- or low-back cushions in an array of Sunbrella® fabrics.
- Assembly required. Includes dowels and hardware, tools not included.
- Height: 34"
- Width: 33"
- Depth: 35"
- Arm Height: 22"
- Seat Height: 17"
- Weight: 80 lbs
Protecting New and Newly Cleaned Ipe Furniture:
- In a ventilated area, apply Wood Shield to all clean Ipe surfaces to further protect against water and food stains, then enjoy your new set outside.
As Needed Cleaning Instructions:
- Wash your Ipe wood surfaces with a soft towel and mild dish soap, then rinse clean with water. Once complete, allow to dry.
Restore The Deep Chocolate-Brown ‘As New’ Finish:
Ipe naturally develops an elegant silver patina over time when exposed to the elements. To restore the ‘as new’ chocolate brown finish of Ipe wood, follow our simple color-restoration process:
- To prepare Ipe for a UV-protective coat of Penofin® Verde Oil Finish, use Penofin® Pro-Tech Wood Cleaner to remove surface dirt, then rinse off with water.
- To brighten and re-establish the pH balance of Ipe wood to best accept the Penofin® Verde Oil Finish, use Penofin® Pro-Tech Wood Brightener, then rinse off with water and allow to dry completely.
- Apply Penofin® Verde Oil Finish as directed on the can, letting it penetrate for 30 minutes.
- To remove excess oil finish that hasn’t been absorbed by the wood, rub the Ipe surface with smooth rags until dry to the touch. IMPORTANT: Dispose of rags in a metal bucket of water to avoid spontaneous combustion.
- After completely dry, apply Wood Shield to timber to provide additional protection against water and food stains.
- SUNBRELLA® FABRIC
Protecting New and Newly Cleaned Sunbrella® Fabric:
- 303 Fabric Protector makes cushion fabric repellent to water and dirt and inhibits the growth of mold and mildew while assisting in the prevention of stains.
- In a ventilated area, apply 303 Fabric Protector to all dry and clean Sunbrella® fabric surfaces until soaked, then let dry completely.
Reapply to clean surfaces 1x per year or after cleaning.
As Needed Cleaning Instructions:
- Moisten fabric surfaces with a sponge or wet towel then spray a light mist of Fabric Cleaner over the entire surface of the fabric.
- Use a sponge or a clean towel to gently break up any stains.
- Rinse fabric completely to remove all soapy residue.
- Let fabric air dry completely.
ALTERNATIVELY: You can prepare a cleaning solution of ¼ cup mild soap per gallon of warm water and place the cleaning solution into a spray bottle.
Customer Reviews & Questions
Our experts are here to guide you through your purchase.