Jensen Outdoor Nest Ottoman
A textural take on the ottoman, the Nest Ottoman from Jensen Outdoor is the ideal alfresco accent. Serving as a footstool for weary legs, as a table for hors d'oeuvres or as seating for extra guests, this ottoman tastefully finishes any outdoor seating ensemble with its chic woven design formed from all-weather Viro Fiber material on a commercial grade, powder coated aluminum frame. Its clean silhouette is grounded with an Ipe timber base and gracefully tapered legs.
The mid-century design of the Nest Collection evokes a sense of nostalgia and adds a mod vibe to any setting. Substance supports style with master craftmanship and inspired pairing of the finest materials, including 100% FSC-Certified Ipe timber sustainably sourced from dry-tropical forests deep in Bolivia. Remarkably durable and resilient to both weather and wear, the chic chocolate brown color of Ipe timber can be maintained with occasional care or left to mature and reveal a subtle silver patina that enhances its allure.
- Contoured ottoman frame unites weather-resistant Viro Fiber material on a commercial grade, powder coated aluminum frame with an Ipe timber base and sloping legs.
- Eco-friendly Viro Fiber has remarkable strength and can withstand weather, moisture, sun and wear.
- The use of highly durable, weather-resistant, 100% FSC-Certified Ipe timber sustainably sourced from dry, tropical forests in Bolivia ensures longevity in outdoor settings.
- The smooth-to-the-touch surface of Ipe timber is achieved through a unique, fine-grain sanding method.
- The deep, chocolate brown color of Ipe timber when new can be maintained, if desired, or allowed to age and display a luminous silver patina.
- Mortise and tenon joinery results in a sleek, retro appearance.
- Rest your legs or your guests on the comfortable contours of this stylish ottoman.
- Width: 21"
- Depth: 18.75"
- Height: 13.25"
Care and Maintenance
Protecting New and Newly Cleaned Ipe Furniture:
- In a ventilated area, apply Wood Shield to all clean Ipe surfaces (avoiding sling material) to further protect against water and food stains, then enjoy your new set outside.
As Needed Cleaning Instructions:
- Wash your Ipe wood surfaces with a soft towel and mild dish soap, then rinse clean with water. Once complete, allow to dry.
Restore The Deep Chocolate-Brown ‘As New’ Finish:
Ipe naturally develops an elegant silver patina over time when exposed to the elements. To restore the ‘as new’ chocolate brown finish of Ipe wood, follow our simple color-restoration process:
- To prepare Ipe for a UV-protective coat of Penofin® Verde Oil Finish, use Penofin® Pro-Tech Wood Cleaner to remove surface dirt, then rinse off with water.
- To brighten and re-establish the pH balance of Ipe wood to best accept the Penofin® Verde Oil Finish, use Penofin® Pro-Tech Wood Brightener, then rinse off with water and allow to dry completely.
- Apply Penofin® Verde Oil Finish as directed on the can, letting it penetrate for 30 minutes.
- To remove excess oil finish that hasn’t been absorbed by the wood, rub the Ipe surface with smooth rags until dry to the touch. IMPORTANT: Dispose of rags in a metal bucket of water to avoid spontaneous combustion.
- After completely dry, apply Wood Shield to timber to provide additional protection against water and food stains.
Customer Reviews & Questions
Our experts are here to guide you through your purchase.