Jensen Outdoor Classic Ipe Ruby Rocker
The Classic Ipe Ruby Rocker is handcrafted in durable Ipe timber. The deep brown finish can be kept as new or allowed to age to a noble silver over time.
- Sturdy rocker frame is crafted from 100% FSC certified, solid Ipe timber sustainably sourced from dry, tropical forests in Bolivia.
- Ipe timber is naturally durable, strong and withstands the natural elements, from sun to moisture and wind.
- Ipe timber displays a glass-smooth hand finish from a fine-grain sanding technique.
- The deep, chocolate brown color of Ipe timber can be easily preserved, or allowed to mature into a shimmering silver patina.
- Constructed with mortise and tenon joinery for a smooth touch and genteel appearance.
- Comfortably slanted backrest, angled seating and spacious arms provide comfort for endless lounging and lazing.
- Some assembly is required. Assembly instructions can be found at the bottom of this page.
Protecting New and Newly Cleaned Ipe Furniture:
- In a ventilated area, apply Wood Shield to all clean Ipe surfaces to further protect against water and food stains, then enjoy your new set outside.
As Needed Cleaning Instructions:
- Wash your Ipe wood surfaces with a soft towel and mild dish soap, then rinse clean with water. Once complete, allow to dry.
Restore The Deep Chocolate-Brown ‘As New’ Finish:
Ipe naturally develops an elegant silver patina over time when exposed to the elements. To restore the ‘as new’ chocolate brown finish of Ipe wood, follow our simple color-restoration process:
- To prepare Ipe for a UV-protective coat of Penofin® Verde Oil Finish, use Penofin® Pro-Tech Wood Cleaner to remove surface dirt, then rinse off with water.
- To brighten and re-establish the pH balance of Ipe wood to best accept the Penofin® Verde Oil Finish, use Penofin® Pro-Tech Wood Brightener, then rinse off with water and allow to dry completely.
- Apply Penofin® Verde Oil Finish as directed on the can, letting it penetrate for 30 minutes.
- To remove excess oil finish that hasn’t been absorbed by the wood, rub the Ipe surface with smooth rags until dry to the touch. IMPORTANT: Dispose of rags in a metal bucket of water to avoid spontaneous combustion.
- After completely dry, apply Wood Shield to timber to provide additional protection against water and food stains.
Jensen Outdoor warranties to the original purchaser that, for a period of five (5) years (except as specified in our Limited Residential Warranty) of residential use from the date of purchase, under normal use and service conditions, Jensen Outdoor furniture shall be free from defects in workmanship or materials.
For service under this warranty, contact your Jensen Outdoor retailer from whom you purchased the product. Due to your Jensen Outdoor retailer’s service policy requirements, they will need to submit a warranty claim to Jensen Outdoor on your behalf.
When submitting a claim, to your retailer, please supply the following documentation:
- Proof of purchase (copy of receipt)
- The product item number(s)
- A written description of the defect
- Photographs of the full product and close-ups of the warranty issue
Once documentation has been received, evaluated, and deemed defective under this warranty Jensen Outdoor’s sole responsibility shall be, at its option, to repair or replace defective components, to repair or replace defective furniture, or authorize repairs by a third party, and to notify the Retailer of the solution. Should a defective product no longer be available, Jensen Outdoor may replace it with a similar product of equal or greater value.