Twice Grilled Potatoes
The All Things Barbecue take on a classic potato side, the twice baked potato. We’re keeping it pretty classic, but the flavor added by the grill makes it feel brand new! Oh, and here’s a pro-tip: cook your bacon on the grill. So much smokier!
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 pellet smoker to 400°F, set up for indirect grilling. Place the potatoes on the second shelf, and cook until tender all the way through, about an hour to and hour and a half. Remove from the cooker.
- Cut the potatoes in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the majority of the flesh, leaving a thin layer attached to the skin. Set the skins aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flesh of the potatoes, the butter, half and half, one quarter cup of sour cream and Cattleman’s Grill Steakhouse Seasoning. Mix well with a hand mixer. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, as necessary.
- Scoop the filling back into the potato skins. Divide the grated cheddar among the potato halves, pressing it into the top of the filling. Place on a sheet pan. Place the pan on the main cooking grate of the smoker. Cook another 20-30 minutes, until the cheese is totally melted and filling just begins to brown on the edges.
- Top each potato with sour cream, crumbled cooked bacon and chives.
This recipe was prepared on a Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill.
Russet potatoes cooked open on the grill form a nice crust on the skin that really allows them to hold up to their fillings later.
Plenty of sour cream, half and half, and butter for a creamy filling.
Topped with sharp cheddar and it’s back on the grill!
- Serving Size
- 8.78 oz
- per serving
- 31 grams
- 18 grams
- 35 grams
- 899 milligrams