Tantalize your taste buds with Chef Eric Gephart’s signature Kamado Joe King Wing! This mouthwatering recipe will be sure to wow your guests with its tenderness and flavor, and make you the pro on the grill.
The Kamado Joe King Wing
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
3 hours 40 minutes
Chef Eric Gephart is back with a new recipe… this time it’s the Kamado Joe King Wing. This is a whole wing recipe that is sure to impress your friends and family.
- whole chicken wings, tip removed
- 16 oz. pickled jalapeños
- 32 oz. Dale's Steak Seasoning
- 4 Poblano peppers, charred
- prepared ranch dressing
- blue cheese crumbles
- blue cheese dressing
Poblano Pepper Ranch Dressing
King Wing Slaw
- Preheat your Kamado Joe Big Joe to 300°F, set up for direct grilling.
- Remove the tips from the chicken wings with a sharp knife. We will leave the flat and drumettes intact for this recipe.
- Combine the Dale's Steak seasoning and pickled jalapeños in a food processor, and blitz it to combine the ingredients. Place the chicken wings in a food safe container and cover with the marinade. Place in the refrigerator for three hours.
- *Do not exceed three hours as the wings will take on too much salt and dry out.
- While the wings are marinating place your poblano peppers directly on the coals of the Kamado Joe. We want the skin to start to char and blister, turning them as needed. Once the skin has blistered all over pull them from the charcoal and place them in a glass bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Wait ten minutes for them to steam and then remove the skin and seeds. Rough chop the peppers and combine in your food processor with prepared ranch dressing.
- Place the deflector shields into your Kamado Joe Big Joe to switch from direct to indirect grilling. Pull the wings from the marinade and put them skin side down on the grates.
- While the wings cook combine the slaw ingredients and set it aside.
- Flip the wings once the presentation side has reached the right color you want. Continue to cook the wings to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Serving Size
- 4.38 oz
- per serving
- 21.4 grams
- 96.3 grams
- 79.3 grams
- 1373 milligrams