Enjoy a Thanksgiving breakfast with a unique twist! Our delicious Sausage Fatty is a tasty roulade made with sage sausage, Granny Smith apples, dried cranberries, and sharp cheddar - perfect for prepping the night before.
Thanksgiving Sausage Fatty
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
1 hour 15 minutes
This Thanksgiving, wow your guests with the perfect breakfast: a deliciously flavorful Sausage Fatty! Made with sage sausage, Granny Smith apples, dried cranberries, and sharp cheddar, this unique roulade is easy to prepare the night before and will be a sure hit at your table.
- 1 lb Jimmie Dean Original Sausage
- 1 lb Jimmie Dean Sage Sausage
- Granny Smith apple diced very thinly
- Dried cranberries
- Aged sharp cheddar cheese
Cattleman's Grill Steakhouse Seasoning
- In a one gallon baggie combine both packages of sausage. Carefully press the sausage to fill the bag burping air out as necessary. Place in the refrigerator until you are ready to stuff and roll the fatty.
- Dice the apple into very small strips, cut cheddar into small chunks. Cut the baggie open at the sides so it peels back and the sausage can be worked with. Place cranberries, apples and cheddar chunks into the middle of the sausage.
- Carefully roll the sausage and transfer it to plastic wrap.
- Liberally season with Cattleman's Grill Steakhouse Seasoning, wrap the fatty and place it in the refrigerator until it begins to harden up a bit. This will allow it to keep its shape while on the smoker.
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 or other grill to 250°F. Place the fatty on the grate and let it cook for one hour. At the one-hour mark check the temperature of the fatty with a thermometer. Check it every 10 - 15 minutes until the internal temperature has reached 160°F (use the Maverick PT-75 thermometer for fast and accurate temperature readings).
- Slice and serve!
- Serving Size
- 6.1 oz
- per serving
- 8 grams
- 23 grams
- 34 grams
- 940 grams