Snow Crab Jalapeño Poppers
Jalapeño poppers are a favorite appetizer around here. We’re always looking for ways to tweak our poppers to make them new and exciting again, so when Steven Raichlen visited us and shared his bacon wrapped snow crab jalapeño poppers from his book Project Smoke, we couldn’t wait to share them with all of you!
- 12 large jalapeño peppers
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- The finely grated zest of one lemon
Plowboys BBQ Fin & Feather (or other seafood seasoning)
- 8 ounces crab meat
- 12 strips thin bacon, cut crosswise in half
- Preheat your grill to 350°F, set up for indirect grilling.
- Cut each jalapeño in half lengthwise. Scrape out the seeds and veins (use gloves or a spoon).
- Combine the cream cheese, lemon zest and crab meat in a mixing bowl. Season with Plowboys BBQ Fin & Feather and gently fold the mixture together. Spoon the mixture in to jalapeño halves.
- Wrap each jalapeño crosswise with a strip of bacon (you want the filling exposed at each end). Secure the bacon with toothpicks. Place the stuffed jalapeños on a wire rack or FrogMat in the grill.
- Cook the poppers until the bacon and filling are browned and the peppers are tender (squeeze them between your thumb and forefinger), 20 to 30 minutes.
We got a hold of some really great snow crab meat, but you can use whatever is available at your local market.
Removing the seeds tones down the heat of the jalapeño, since that is where it is most concentrated.
Don’t be afraid to taste again and again as you mix the filling. The crab meat is already cooked, and you want to be sure the filling is seasoned the way you like.
- Serving Size
- 6.27 oz
- per serving
- 4 grams
- 24 grams
- 37 grams
- 2017 milligrams