Rack of Lamb is one of those cuts of meat that just feels like it’s made for a special occasion. Well, this Rack of Lamb Roulade takes that special occasion to another level. This is a truly unique preparation that is as beautiful as it is delicious!
Rack of Lamb Roulade
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
This recipe for Rack of Lamb Roulade is an exquisite dish that elevates the classic cut of meat to a new level of sophistication and indulgence! Savor its succulent flavor and eye catching presentation - perfect for a special occasion.
- 2 racks of lamb
Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning
- 4 cups lightly packed mint leaves
- 1/3 cup roasted pistachios
- 1/3 cup parmesan, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- grated zest of one lemon
Noble Saltworks Hickory Smoked Flaked Finishing Salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/3 cup Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the Mint Pesto
Build a hot charcoal fire in the back half of the Kamado Joe Classic Joe III. Place the grates on the highest setting of the Divide and Conquer System.
- Trim excess fat and silver skin from the outside of the rack of lamb. Butterfly the loin, creating one thin even layer connected to the bones.
To make the mint pesto, combine all ingredients in a small Food Processor, except the Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Process to break down the ingredients. Then, with the food processor running, slowly drizzle in the oil. Process to desired consistency.
Spread the mint pesto out over the surface of the butterflied loin. Season with Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning. Roll up the butterflied loin, returning it to its original shape. Using kitchen twine, tie in between each bone to hold the roulade together. Season the outside with the Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning.
- Grill the roulade over direct heat, on all sides, until lightly charred. Move to an indirect cooking zone and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 135ºF, about 20 minutes. Slice in between the bones and remove the string to serve.
- Serving Size
- 5.1 oz
- per serving
- 2 grams
- 48 grams
- 23 grams
- 158 milligrams