Puff Pastry Wrapped Brie with Cranberry Chutney
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
The beautiful thing about the holiday season is that a dish like Puff Pastry Wrapped Brie with Cranberry Chutney is totally appropriate either before or after the big meal. This one is a treat! Oooey, gooey melted brie cheese pouring out of its flaky puff pastry crust and topped with a sweet and tangy cranberry compote that we picked up from our friend BBQ Brian Misko of House of Q!
- 2 (7-8 oz each) wheels of brie
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12 oz (3 3/4 cups) fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
6 tbsp House of Q Sugar & Spice BBQ Sauce
For the Cranberry Chutney:
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill to 400ºF, set up for indirect grilling.
- To make the Cranberry Chutney, combine all ingredients in a Lodge Logic 10” Cast Iron Skillet. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low. As the cranberries soften and their skins break open, smash them with the back of a wood spoon to help break them down.
- Continue cooking to thicken the sauce to the desired consistency. When pulling a spoon or spatula through the chutney, the liquids should slowly fill in behind.
- Lay out the sheet of puff pastry. Place the wheel of brie in the center. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the cranberry chutney on top of the brie. Bring the edges of puff pastry together over the top of the brie and chutney. Pinch the dough together to fully enclose the brie and chutney. Transfer to a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Brush the beaten egg on top of the puff pastry.
Bake the Puff Pastry Wrapped Brie & Cranberry Chutney until the pastry is golden in color and cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the Puff Pastry Wrapped Brie with Cranberry Chutney from the grill. Transfer it from the pan to serving platter. Pour the remaining cranberry chutney over the puff pastry and brie, and slice the whole thing in half to allow the cheese to flow out of the pastry. Serve warm.
You might also enjoy: Nashville Hot Pub Cheese
- Serving Size
- 4.66 oz
- per serving
- 40 grams
- 11 grams
- 27 grams
- 630 milligrams