Treat your senses to heavenly aromas with our Milk-Braised Pork Shoulder with Chile Pistou! Slow-cooked pork shoulder, sage, rosemary, and garlic give the pork a succulent, melt-in-your-mouth texture while chile pistou made from a blend of jalapenos, parsley, arugula, basil, garlic, rosemary, and sage adds a delightful kick.
Milk-Braised Pork Shoulder with Chile Pistou
Treat yourself to a culinary delight! Our Milk-Braised Pork Shoulder with Chile Pistou is a delicious combination of succulent pork, herbs and garlic, all braised in creamy milk and topped with a spicy chile pistou made from jalapenos, parsley, arugula, basil, garlic, rosemary and sage. Get ready to experience a tantalizing blend of flavors and textures!
- 6 lbs pork shoulder, cut into 3-4 equal pieces
Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning
2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 10 sage leaves
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 head of garlic, sprout end cut off
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- zest of 1 lemon
- 6 cups whole milk
- parmesan for serving
- 4 jalapeños, stemmed, seeded
- 2 cup parsley leaves
- 2 dozen arugula leaves
- 4 dozen basil leaves
- 1 dozen sage leaves
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, leaves only
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed, peeled
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
kosher salt, to taste
Heat a Lodge Logic 12” Cast Iron Skillet over high heat. Season with pork with Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning. Add the olive oil to the skillet, enough to cover the bottom. Working in batches, brown the pork on all sides. Transfer to a Lodge Logic 7 Quart Dutch Oven.
- Preheat your Yoder Smoker YS640 to 425°F. Add the sage, rosemary, bay leaf, garlic, red chile flakes and lemon zest to the dutch oven. Pour the milk over all the ingredients. Cover and transfer the dutch oven to the cooker. Cook for 2-2.5 hours, turning the pork occasionally, until the pork is fork tender and milk is curdled. Serve with Chile Pistou.
For Chile Pistou - Combine all ingredients except the olive oil in a food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are well combined.
- With the processor running, slowly add in the olive oil. Continue processing until smooth. Taste and season with salt.
- Serving Size
- 5.29 oz
- per serving
- 12 grams
- 59 grams
- 57 grams
- 947 milligrams