We take the classic southern Italian street food of deep-fried risotto-mozzarella balls and move it south of the border. Our Mexi-Arancini is made with cilantro lime rice with a spicy cheesy bite.
Delight your tastebuds with this inspired Mexi-Arancini recipe. Savory delicacies made with cilantro-lime rice, pepper jack cheese, and parmesan cheese, for a unique and delicious flavor. Each bite is bursting with texture and flavor!
- 2 cups left-over cooked Cilantro Lime Rice, chilled
- 1 cup long grain rice, rinsed thoroughly
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- juice of 1/2 a lime
salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup parmesan, grated
- 4 eggs, divided
- 8 small cubes (about 3 oz) pepper jack cheese
Chili Dawg’s Green Chili Seasoning
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- Mix together the cooked rice, parmesan and two eggs. Season with Chili Dawg’s Green Chili Seasoning and salt. Divide the rice into 8 balls. Stuff each one with a cube of pepper jack cheese.
- Whisk together the remaining eggs. Dip each ball in the eggs. Roll each ball in the breadcrumbs. Chill in the refrigerator for an hour. Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 to 400°F. Transfer to the cooker and top each ball with a little olive oil. Bake until outside is crispy and lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Serve with chimichurri sauce.
Cilantro Lime Rice
Combine the rice and chicken stock in a sauce pan. Cover and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low. Cook until rice is tender. Stir in cilantro, lime juice and salt. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serving Size
- 10.01 oz
- per serving
- 51 grams
- 15 grams
- 12 grams
- 596 milligrams