This is one of the most addictive salmon recipes we have ever cooked in our teaching kitchen. The mango and jalapeño create a sweet and spicy flavor that enhances any meal.
Mango-Jalapeño Cedar Planked Salmon
Delight your senses with the sweet and spicy Mango-Jalapeño Cedar Planked Salmon! This irresistible recipe will have you and your guests begging for more of its tantalizing flavor.
- Grape seed or peanut oil
- 2 jalapeños, cut into rings
- 1 small Vidalia onion
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Riesling wine
- 3 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 1 cup mango (or guava) preserves/compote
- 4 Salmon filets, boned (6-oz filets)
- 4 alder or cedar planks
2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (3-inch) fresh rosemary sprigs
Plowboy’s Fin & Feather
- Place a sauté pan over medium heat and heat the oil. Add jalapeños and onion, sauté until caramelized. Add garlic, once it is soft, deglaze with the Riesling. Next, add the mustard and mango preserves and bring to a simmer, simmering over low heat for 20 minutes and refrigerate until completely cool.
Soak GrillPro Smoking Planks in water for 3hrs and preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill to 450°F. Place the salmon, skin side down on the planks, and season with Plowboy’s Fin & Feather. Place a rosemary sprig on each fillet, and coat the salmon with the mango mixture.
Place the plank on the grill, over direct heat. When the plank has begun to smoke, move the plank to indirect heat to finish. Cook the salmon to an internal temperature of 140°F (use the Maverick PT-75 thermometer for fast and accurate temperature readings); remove from grill and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size
- 13.83 oz
- per serving
- 36 grams
- 25 grams
- 3 grams
- 2016 milligrams