Porchetta is an Italian classic, and for good reason! This savory, juicy, delicious cut of meat is the stuff pork lover’s dreams are made of! Fire up the Yoder Smokers Pellet Grill, it’s Grilled Porchetta time!
- 14 lb porchetta roast (belly and pork loin attached)
Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup minced garlic
- 1/2 cup minced rosemary
- zest of 2 lemons
Noble Saltworks Pecan Smoked Flaked Finishing Salt
- 1 quart vegetable oil
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill to 400ºF.
Rub a layer of Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the meat surfaces of the porchetta. Season with Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning and fresh ground black pepper. Spread the minced garlic all over the meat. Sprinkle the minced rosemary and lemon zest over the surface.
Starting at the loin, roll the porchetta up. Tie butchers twine around the porchetta to hold everything together. Score the skin with a sharp knife. Rub Noble Saltworks Pecan Smoked Flaked Finishing Salt into the skin and score marks.
Place the tied up porchetta on a wire rack over a sheet pan. This will catch the fat as it drips out of the roast, and prevent a possible grease fire in the grill. Transfer the pan to the main cooking grate of the grill.
- Cook the porchetta until the internal temperature reaches 145ºF in the center, about 3 hours. Remove from the grill.
- Heat the quart of vegetable oil to 400ºF. Carefully ladle the hot oil over the surface of the roast, crisping the skin. Be careful not to overflow the sheet pan.
- Let the porchetta rest for 30 minutes before slicing.
- Serving Size
- 5.1 oz
- per serving
- 5 grams
- 45 grams
- 40 grams
- 1693 milligrams