The Grilled Chicken Sandwich may not sound like the most exciting recipe, but this particular sandwich is packed full of flavor and easy enough to prepare and enjoy week in and week out! I know what we’re having for dinner tonight!
Grilled Chicken Sandwich
This Grilled Chicken Sandwich recipe is a delicious and easy way to enjoy a classic recipe! Packed full of flavor, this comforting meal will become a weekly staple that you look forward to.
- 2 chicken breasts
1 (16 oz) bottle of Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade
Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 brioche buns
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 leaves Boston Bibb lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- 1 (3/4” thick) slab of red onion
- 1/2 of a large avocado, pitted, peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp Kansas Flavor Jalapeño Mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning
Charred Onion Mayo:
- Place a chicken breast inside a gallon sized zip top bag. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound the breast out into one even layer. Repeat with the second breast.
Place both chicken breasts in the zip top bag and add the Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade. Transfer to the refrigerator and marinate for 45-60 minutes.
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill to 450°F, set up for direct grilling, with GrillGrates in place over the fire box (left side) and a Weber Cast Iron Griddle in place on the right.
Rub a thin layer of oil over the slab of red onion. Place the onion over the direct flame, on the GrillGrates. Grill with the lid open until nicely charred, then flip and repeat.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining Charred Onion Mayonnaise ingredients in the small bowl of a food processor. Remove the onion from the grill and give it a rough chop. Add the onion to the bowl. Process to desired consistency. Store in the refrigerator.
- Cook the bacon on the griddle until browned on both sides. Remove from the grill and set aside. Using a spatula, scrape the excess bacon grease to the channels at the front and/or back of the griddle.
Remove the chicken from the marinade. Soak up any excess moisture on the surface with a towel. Load a Spice Grinder with Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning. Season the chicken breasts with the fine ground seasoning.
- Melt the butter and brush the cut sides of the brioche buns. Place the buns on the griddle and cook until toasted. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Grill the chicken on the GrillGrates, directly over the flame, with the door of the grill open. Turn to form nice crosshatch grill marks. Flip and continue grilling. When the internal temperature reaches 145°F, top each of the chicken breasts with two slices of pepper jack cheese. Close the lid and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 155°F.
- Slice each chicken breast in half. To build the sandwich, spread the Charred Onion Mayo on the bottom bun. Layer on the lettuce and a slice of tomato. Top the tomato with half a chicken breast, then the bacon and finally the top bun, also spread with the charred onion mayo.
- Serving Size
- 12.98 oz
- per serving
- 49 grams
- 37 grams
- 35 grams
- 1968 milligrams