Cioppino Seafood Stew
Chef Tom fires up the Napoleon Phantom for a San Francisco classic, Cioppino Seafood Stew, featuring an array of fresh seafood and plenty of charcoal grilled goodness!
3 tbsp Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups red onion, small dice
- 1 1/2 cups fennel bulb, small dice
- 1 cup leeks, whites only, sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, sliced thin
2 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning
1 can (3 cups) Whole Peeled San Marzano Tomatoes
- 3 each (1 1/2 lbs) fresh tomatoes (yields 2 - 2 1/2 cups pureed)
- 4-6 cups seafood stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails off
- 1 lb mussels
- 1 lb cod filets
- 8 oz Dungeness crab sections
- 8 oz crab claw meat
- 1 lb sourdough bread, diced into 1” cubes
1/2 cup Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- Fennel fronds
- Fresh parsley, minced
- Parmigiano Reggiano, finely grated
Catch of the Day:
Sourdough Garlic Bread Croutons:
- Soak cedar plank in water 1 hour.
- Fire roast tomatoes over charcoal basket in Napoleon Phantom until blackened. Place in blender with San Marzanos and blend until smooth.
- Warm all ingredients for garlic butter on side burner, then blend.
- Toss bread in garlic butter. Spread out on sheet pan. Cook over indirect heat until crisped, 20-30 minutes.
- Dutch oven on side burner - med/low heat. EVOO. Sweat veggies. Add garlic. Cook for a minute. Add wine. Cook to au sec. add bouquet Garni, clam juice, seafood stock. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Char the soaked cedar plank on one side. Remove from grill. Season cod filets with Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Cattleman’s Grill Italiano. Place fish on charred side of the plank. Cook over the charcoal until 140ºF.
While fish cooks, add to the dutch oven remaining seafood. Cook until mussels open and shrimp are opaque, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Fill the bottoms of the bowls with croutons. Ladle the stew over the croutons. Top with grilled cod, fennel fronds, fresh parley and Parmigiano Reggiano.
You might also enjoy: Everything Bagel Crusted Seared Ahi Tuna
- Serving Size
- 13.43 oz
- per serving
- 54 grams
- 61 grams
- 26 grams
- 1728 milligrams