Chef Tom debones and stuffs chicken wings for a truly impressive game-day appetizer. Take your wings to the next level with these Chorizo Stuffed Chicken Wings, grilled on the Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill!
Chorizo Stuffed Chicken Wings
Treat your taste buds to some next level flavor with Chef Tom's recipe for Chorizo Stuffed Chicken Wings! These wings are deboned and uniquely stuffed with delicious chorizo, and can make game day truly impressive. Ready to tantalize? Try these wings today!
- 4 whole chicken wings
Duck Fat Cooking Spray
Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ridge Carne Asada Seasoning
- 1 lb Mexican chorizo
- 1 cup (2 oz) Mexican quesadilla melting cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup white onion, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro stems, minced
1/2 cup Firebug Grillin’ Sauce Mild BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp chipotles in adobo
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
For the stuffing:
For the sauce:
- Debone the wings, starting at the large end of the drumette and working down to the flat.
- Combine the ingredients for the stuffing and mix well.
- Stuff the chorizo mixture into the deboned chicken wings. Toothpick closed the ends of the stuffed wings, and any holes in the skin.
Add a binder to the surface of the wings. Duck Fat Cooking Spray, oil or hot sauce will work. Season the wings with the Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ridge Carne Asada Seasoning.
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill to 425ºF set up for direct grilling with GrillGrates in place over the fire box.
Place the wings on the GrillGrates over direct flame. Close the lid and let cook until browned. Flip and brown the other sides. Move to indirect heat to finish, if necessary.
- While the wings are cooking, combine the ingredients for the sauce in a small food processor. Process until smooth.
- When the wings reach an internal temperature of 160ºF, brush the sauce onto the surface of the wings. Close the lid and let the sauce set up for a few minutes. Remove from the grill.
- Serve the Chorizo Stuff Chicken Wings with extra sauce on the side, for dipping.
- Serving Size
- 9.04 oz
- per serving
- 26 grams
- 54 grams
- 72 grams
- 2680 milligrams