This baked version of the Italian American classic dish, Chicken Parmesan, is easy enough to pull off on a weeknight, but has such impressive flavor that you’ll be cooking it to impress at parties for years to come!
Delight your family and friends with this delicious, oven-baked Chicken Parmesan recipe. An elegant Italian-American classic that is easy to prepare, its incredible flavor will linger long after the last bite! Enjoy the taste of homestyle cooking with easy-to-make convenience.
- 4 large chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally
1 (16 oz) bottle Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan
1/4 cup Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced thin or grated
1 (800 g) can Ciao DOP Certified San Marzano Tomatoes, puréed
1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch red pepper flakes
Noble Saltworks Hickory Smoked Finishing Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, minced
For the tomato sauce:
Place the halved breasts in a zip top bag with the Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade. Marinate for 30-60 minutes.
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 pellet grill to 425°F.
To make the tomato sauce, first purée the Ciao DOP Certified San Marzano Tomatoes in a blender or food processor. Heat a sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the olive oil and allow to warm. Add the garlic to the oil and cook gently until fragrant and just beginning to brown, about two minutes. Add the tomatoes and red pepper flakes. Turn the heat up to medium. Allow to simmer and reduce to desired consistency, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and basil. Taste and adjust salt level, as needed. Set aside.
Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, and Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning in a bowl. Remove the chicken from the marinade and dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Transfer to a Lodge 12” cast iron skillet. Repeat with the remaining chicken. You can comfortably fit about 4 chicken filets in each 12” skillet.
- Bake on the second shelf of the grill until the internal temperature reaches 130°F, about 20-25 minutes. Spoon 3-4 tbsp tomato sauce over each piece of chicken and top each with about 1 oz mozzarella cheese.
- Return to the grill and continue to bake until the internal temperature rises to 160°F, and the cheese is melted. Optional - brown the top of the mozzarella with a torch.
- Serving Size
- 8.42 oz
- per serving
- 50 grams
- 59 grams
- 24 grams
- 969 milligrams