It’s dessert time, so fire up the grill! Caramel Bread Pudding cooked on the Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill is a beautiful thing!
Caramel Bread Pudding
Delight your taste buds with this Caramel Bread Pudding cooked on the grill! This delectable dessert has been carefully crafted with flavorful ingredients, delivering a delicious caramel-infused treat that will have your tastebuds singing.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 (14 oz) loaves of day-old brioche, 1” cubes
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup caramel chips
- 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- 1 (13.4 oz) can dulce de leche
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup bourbon
For the custard:
For the Bourbon Caramel Sauce:
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill to 350ºF, set up for indirect cooking.
Coat a Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet with the two tablespoons of unsalted butter. Arrange the cubed brioche in a single layer. Sprinkle in half of the white chocolate, caramel chips and cinnamon. Add the remaining brioche and top with the remaining white chocolate, caramel and cinnamon.
- Combine the ingredients for the custard and whisk well to combine. Pour the custard over the layered bread and let rest for at least 30 minutes, but no more than 24 hours.
- Cover with the lid and bake 25 minutes. Uncover, turn the grill up to 400ºF and bake until set, and lightly browned, another 30 minutes.
- While the bread pudding cooks, prepare the Bourbon Caramel Sauce. Combine the Dulce de Leche and butter in a sauce pot over medium-low heat. Bring to a simmer for one minute, whisking. Remove from heat and add bourbon. Return to heat and reduce for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Serve the bread pudding topped with Bourbon Caramel Sauce.
- Serving Size
- 8.75 oz
- per serving
- 89 grams
- 15 grams
- 41 grams
- 642 milligrams