Buffalo Chicken Grilled Salad
We could almost call this recipe, "How to avoid a boring salad!" This Buffalo Chicken Grilled Salad is so packed with flavor. Big flavor in the chicken - the char, the Buffalo sauce. Big flavor in the dressing - the cilantro and garlic. Not to mention, it's visually stunning on the platter. Trust me, you don't want to scroll past this one!
- 1 lb chicken breast
R Butts R Smokin’ Butt Kick’n Chicken
Bone Suckin' Honey & Habanero Wing Sauce
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/4 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt & pepper
For the buttermilk dressing:
- Combine the buttermilk dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. The flavor will be best if you do this a day ahead and store in the refrigerator.
- Preheat your grill for high heat (450°F) direct and indirect grilling. Cut the romaine in half, lengthwise. Grill, cut side down until lightly charred, but not too soft. Place the romaine in the fridge to chill.
- Season the chicken mildly with R Butts R Smokin’ Butt Kick’n Chicken. Grill over direct heat on both sides to achieve nice grill marks, then finish cooking over indirect heat, if necessary. Use an instant read thermometer to monitor the internal temperature. Remove the chicken from the grill when the internal temperature reaches 160°F. Rest 5 minutes. Dice and toss in Bone Suckin' Honey & Habanero Wing Sauce.
- Dice the lettuce. Combine the lettuce, tomato and red onion. Place in bowls and top with the buffalo chicken and buttermilk dressing.
Start with the smokiness of grilled Romaine.
A little char on the chicken…
This creamy buttermilk dressing is like a southwestern twist on ranch dressing. The perfect compliment to the Buffalo sauce!
Bone Suckin’ makes a fantastic Buffalo sauce, and it comes in four different heat levels to accommodate any preference.
- Serving Size
- 20.98 oz
- per serving
- 16 grams
- 27 grams
- 17 grams
- 300 milligrams