Spatchcock chicken and Mexican food, two of our favorite foods, come together in this recipe for a sweet and savory twist on quesadillas. And, as always, it can be done start to finish on the grill!
BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
5 hours 30 minutes
Treat your taste buds with this delightful mashup of flavors: BBQ Chicken Quesadillas. Try a unique twist on an old favorite and savor the sweet and savory, all from your grill.
- Preheat your cooker to 325°F. Prepare the chicken spatchcock style by cutting out the backbone with poultry shears and pressing the bird flat.
- Inject the meat all over with Butcher BBQ Bird Booster Chipotle Injection. The bird should hold about 1 cup of the injection liquid.
- Pat dry with paper towels. Season under the skin with R Butts R Smokin’ Butt Kick’n Chicken BBQ Rub. Place on a foil lined sheet pan, skin side up. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 160°F in the breasts, about 75-90 minutes.
- Remove from cooker. When the bird is cool enough to handle, remove the skin and pull all the meat from the bones. Discard the skin and bones. Reserve the liquid from the bottom of the pan. Chop or shred the meat. Toss the meat in the cooking liquid and Chile Slinger Chipotle BBQ Sauce.
- Build your quesadillas. Place the cheese and chicken inside the tortillas. Cook directly on the grill until tortillas are lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Serving Size
- 8.25 oz
- per serving
- 25 grams
- 19 grams
- 15 grams
- 468 milligrams