Chef Tom's most requested recipe is pork belly, and he loves to cook it for both pulled and sliced, so he decided to combine the two in one epic sandwich. Enjoy!
Barbecue Double Pork Belly Sandwich
Make an unforgettable BBQ Pork Belly sandwich. Step-by-step instructions make it easy to create a delicious and juicy pork belly sandwich with Yardbird Rub and Eat Barbecue's IPO Barbecue Sauce.
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 pellet grill to 250°F, set up for smoking. Divide your pork belly in half. Rub all surfaces with a little olive oil to help the rub stick. Season the slabs of belly with a 50/50 mixture of R Butts R Smokin’ Ozark Heat BBQ Rub and Plowboys BBQ Yardbird Rub.
- Smoke the slabs of belly on the second shelf of the cooker. After about two hours, start checking the color. When you reach a nice dark mahogany color, take one of the slabs out and wrap in foil. Return to the cooker. Continue cooking the slabs, one wrapped and the other unwrapped.
- When the internal temperature of the wrapped slab of belly passes 200°F, check for tenderness by probing it with your instant read thermometer. There should be very little resistance. Keep the belly wrapped and rest 20-30 minutes. Shred the meat and toss in Eat Barbecue IPO Barbecue Sauce.
- When the internal temperature of the unwrapped slab reaches 190°F-195°F and is tender, but not falling apart, remove it from the cooker, cover loosely with foil and let rest 20-30 minutes before slicing.
- Assemble your sandwiches by adding sliced pork belly to the bottom bun, then topping with the sauced pulled belly meat, pickles and the top bun.
- Serving Size
- 5.84 oz
- per serving
- 32 grams
- 25 grams
- 122 grams
- 713 milligrams