Bacon Wrapped Turkey Roulade
Elevate your holiday meal with the Bacon Wrapped Turkey Roulade! Stuffed with Swiss cheese and mushrooms, wrapped in bacon and roasted on the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill, this alternative turkey entrée is sure to impress!
- 2 boneless skinless turkey breasts, tenderloin attached
1 cup Sweetwater Spice Lemon Thyme Turkey Bath
1/4 cup Noble Saltworks Hickory Smoked Salt
- 1/2 gallon cold water
- 8 oz mushrooms (cremini, shiitake, oyster)
- 3/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tsp Cattleman’s Grill Ranchero Seasoning
- 2 tbsp parsley, minced
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, fine grated
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 16 slices bacon
Cattleman’s Grill Ranchero Seasoning
- Butterfly the turkey breasts open, so they are nearly the same thickness all the way across. Place in a baking dish deep enough to submerge the turkey in brine.
- Combine the 1 cup Sweetwater Spice Lemon Thyme Turkey Bath, 1/4 cup Noble Saltworks Hickory Smoked Salt and 1/2 gallon cold water. Mix well. Pour the brine mixture over the turkey to submerge. Transfer to the refrigerator and let sit for one hour.
- While the breasts are brining, make the mushroom duxelles. Place the mushrooms, onions and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is broken down into small pieces, just smaller than pea sized. Melt the butter in a Lodge 10” Cast Iron Skillet over medium heat. Add the mushroom mixture. Add the 2 teaspoons Cattleman’s Grill Ranchero Seasoning and stir. Cook until nearly all moisture is cooked out (about 10-15 minutes), stirring and scraping the bottom occasionally to prevent scorching. Transfer the mixture to a small mixing bowl. Add the parsley and parmesan. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed. Set aside.
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 400ºF, set up for indirect grilling.
- Remove the breasts from the brine and dab with towels to remove the excess liquid from all surfaces. Strain the brining liquid to catch the solids. Reserve the solids. Discard the liquid.
- Place the breasts on a cutting board. They should be laying butterflied side up, with what was the skin side in contact with the cutting board. Cover with a sheet of plastic (a zip top bag works well). Using a meat mallet, pound the breasts to an even thickness of about 3/4”. Remove the plastic.
- Divide the solids reserved from the brine between the two breasts and rub across the exposed surface. Spread out four slices of Swiss cheese on top of each of the breasts. Divide the mushroom duxelles evenly between the two breasts. Spread over the cheese. Starting at the tenderloin end, roll the breasts tightly into a roulade shape.
Assemble two bacon weaves. Each weave should have 4 slices running in either direction. Leave some space in between each slice to the bacon to be distributed evenly. Season the turkey roulades on the outside surface with the Cattleman’s Grill Ranchero Seasoning. Place the roulade seam side up on the bacon weave. Wrap the weave around the roulade and pin the bacon in place on each end.
- Place each Bacon Wrapped Turkey Roulade on the second shelf of the grill and cook until the internal temperature reaches 155ºF in the center of the roulade, about 90 minutes. Remove from the grill and rest 10 minutes before slicing.
You might also enjoy: Turkey Stock from Scratch
- Serving Size
- 7.32 oz
- per serving
- 12 grams
- 38 grams
- 31 grams
- 2205 milligrams