It’s that time of year again… when pumpkin everything starts hitting the shelves and nearly every coffee shop and fast food restaurant gets in on the action as well. Well, we’re here to tell you that you don’t have to pair your pumpkin with twelve pounds of sugar, in fact, it’s the perfect addition to a savory recipe such as this one.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Treat yourself and your family to a delicious meal with Chef Tom's Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Pork Tenderloin. Experience the unique flavors of roasted pumpkin and sausage stuffing in an irresistible dish that's sure to be a hit! Make an evening to remember with this one-of-a-kind recipe.
- 2 pork tenderloins
- 1 small pie pumpkin
- 12 oz country sausage
- 2 shallots, peeled, sliced
- 8 leaves fresh sage, minced
- 12 slices bacon
Eat Barbecue Zero to Hero BBQ Rub
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 pellet grill to 375°F. Remove the stem from the pumpkin. Slice in half from the top. Scoop out the seeds and stringy material with a spoon. Rub the flesh with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place cut side down on a parchment lined sheet pan. Place on the second shelf of the grill and cook until the flesh is tender when pierced with a paring knife, about 45 minutes. Remove and cool. Scoop out the flesh of the pumpkin and dice.
Remove the second shelf from the cooker. Place a Lodge Logic 12” cast iron skillet over the firebox to preheat. Add a little olive oil. Add the shallots. Cook until slightly softened and beginning to brown. Add the sausage and cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from the grill.
- Place the pork tenderloin on a cutting board. Trim any excess fat or silver skin from the surface. Make a cut lengthwise down the tenderloin, stopping about 1/2” before cutting all the way through.
- Lay down six 12” lengths of butcher’s twine vertically on the cutting board, spanning the length of a tenderloin. Place a slice of bacon directly on top of each piece of twine. Lay the tenderloin across the slices of bacon, cut side up. Season the tenderloin with Oakridge BBQ Dominator Sweet Rib Rub. Add half of your sausage and some pumpkin in a line down the center. Sprinkle with minced sage. Pull each slice of bacon up and wrap around the tenderloin, closing up the opening. Tie the twine to secure. Repeat with the other tenderloin.
- Place the stuffed tenderloins on a foil lined sheet pan. Place the sheet pan on the main cooking grate inside the grill. Grill until the internal temperature reaches 135°F, about 45 minutes. Carefully transfer the tenderloins to the main cooking grate. Grill on both sides until the bacon is crispy and the internal temperature reaches 145°F. Remove. Rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serving Size
- 10.51 oz
- per serving
- 23 grams
- 52 grams
- 51 grams
- 1982 milligrams