Homemade Pork Hot Links
- By Tom Jackson
- Jun 19, 2018
Every grill master should have a great from scratch sausage recipe. These Homemade Hot Links will blow away your taste buds with their incredible flavors and texture! They are a perfect place to start, for a beginner, but an equally great recipe for you more seasoned sausage makers to add to your repertoires.
Homemade Pork Hot Links Recipe
- 5 lb Boston butt pork shoulder, cubed
- 5 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning
- 5 tbsp Code 3 Spices Grunt Rub
- 5 tbsp House of Q Slow Smoked Gold Mustard Sauce
- 10 tsp cayenne powder
- 5 tsp smoked paprika
- LEM Products Natural Hog Casings
Place the cubed pork shoulder in the freezer. When the pork is half frozen, remove and grind using the LEM Products #12 Big Bite Grinder with a coarse (10 mm) die.
Combine the Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning, Code 3 Spices Grunt Rub, House of Q Slow Smoked Gold Mustard Sauce, cayenne powder and smoked paprika and mix well.
Combine the ground pork and seasoning mixture and mix by hand to evenly distribute the seasonings. Grind the pork a second time through a fine die (5 mm). Chill the sausage mixture for 20 minutes.
You might also enjoy: Beer Battered Smoked Sausage Corn Dogs
Transfer the sausage to the bowl of a stand mixer. You may need to divide the mixture in half and work in batches. With the paddle attachment, mix on medium speed to form the primary bind, about 60 seconds. Transfer the mixture to a LEM Products 10 lb Sausage Stuffer.
Feed your soaked and rinsed LEM Products Natural Hog Casings onto the horn of the stuffer. Lay out a sheet pan with water on it under the stuffer. Stuff the casings. Tie off the end. Twist sausages, if desired, using the pinch - pinch - twist method. Store in the refrigerator, uncovered, overnight, if smoking. Smoke sausage at 225°F until the internal temperature reaches 160°F. Alternatively, grill the sausages over high heat (400°F+) over indirect heat until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Big Rick's Original Bar-B-Q SauceAs low as
- LEM Products Ultimate Stuffer, 10 Pound - Stainless Steel Vertical with 2 Speeds$449.99
- LEM Products #8 Big Bite Grinder, .5 HP$379.99
- LEM Products #12 Big Bite Grinder, .75 HP$529.99
- Ankarsrum Original AKM 6230 MixerAs low as