Tagwood BBQ Santa Maria Argentine Grill Stainless Steel, BBQ03SS
Info Quick Links
Bring the flavor of the South American Gaucho home with the Tagwood BBQ03SS Santa Maria Wood Fire and Charcoal Grill.
WHAT IS A SANTA MARIA GRILL?
A Santa Maria, sometimes called Argentinian, grill is an open firewood and charcoal grill which has a base that holds smoldering coals from your wood fire to cook the meat above. The meat rests on an adjustable surface that can be raised and lowered depending on the style of cooking you are doing.
HOW DO YOU COOK ON THIS GRILL?
To start you will load the brasero style firebox on the left side of the grill with wood and start the wood with either paper or a good charcoal starter.
PRO TIP: leave some space between the splits crisscrossing them so air can travel up ensuring you have a fire quickly and without any hassle
Once the logs have started to thoroughly burn you will tap them with the included poker, sending the hot embers down below. Using your shovel you will then begin to place them underneath your desired cooking area, spreading them out for consistent and even heat.
To adjust the heat you simply raise and lower the grill grates. Moving the grates close to the fire will give you a good sear and crust while raising the grates will allow larger cuts to cook slowly and break down.
The Tagwood BBQ03SS also includes a set of S-shaped meat hooks that allow you to hang larges cuts of beef, lamb, pork, and more from the top bar. This will cook these large cuts slowly and is a traditional way to cook lamb in Argentina and other South American countries.
The total grilling area of the BBQ03SS is 690 square inches, with a 34” x 16.5” main grilling area and a 9” x 17” secondary grilling area.
The cooking chamber is lined with firebricks for maximum heat retention and transmission. The chamber also includes a water drainage system that will keep water and other liquids from accumulating in the grill.
With four swivel casters, this grill is easy to move around, and the side table and built-in bottle opener make it perfect for entertaining.
The Tagwood BBQ03SS is masterfully designed and manufactured from 304 Stainless Steel so it will perform flawlessly for years to come and includes a five-year limited warranty.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
- Interchangeable griddle
- Stainless steel rod grates
- Eight S shape meat hooks
- Shovel & poker
SPECIFICATIONS & FEATURES
- 690 sq. in. of TOTAL grilling area
- 34'' x 16.5'' main grilling area
- 9'' x 17'' second grilling area
- ALL made of 304 Stainless Steel
- Height adjustable grates to regulate grilling temperature
- Round grates for optimal grilling and easy cleanup
- Firebox gaucho style brasero lights up charcoal or firewood quicker
- Firebrick bottom and side walls minimize heat transmission to the outside wall and extends product durability
- Water drain system avoids bottom water accumulation
- Side table attached for extra cooking space
- 4 Swivel casters improve mobility
- Built-in bottle opener
- Tagwood BBQ03SS Assembly video