Start your morning with a burst of flavor and satisfying crunch with these Breakfast Crunchwraps. This recipe transforms simple ingredients like bacon, eggs, cheese, and hash browns into a delightful breakfast package wrapped in a warm flour tortilla. The combination of crispy hash browns, savory bacon, creamy scrambled eggs, and a zesty sauce creates a harmonious blend of textures and tastes. The tortilla, once crisped on a griddle, encapsulates the delicious filling, making it a portable and convenient breakfast option. Perfect for a weekend brunch or a quick morning bite, these Breakfast Crunchwraps are sure to become a favorite in your breakfast repertoire.
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Indulge in the ultimate breakfast experience with these Breakfast Crunchwraps. A medley of crispy bacon, golden hash browns, fluffy scrambled eggs, and gooey cheese, all enveloped in a warm tortilla and griddled to perfection. The secret sauce adds a kick of spice, elevating each bite. A symphony of flavors and textures, this dish promises a delightful start to your day. Easy to assemble and even easier to enjoy, these Breakfast Crunchwraps are a must-try for breakfast enthusiasts.
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 8 oz bacon, small dice
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup (3 oz) sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup (3 oz) chihuahua cheese, grated
- 12 oz Russet potato, peeled, shredded on box grater
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Taco Seasoning
- Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp pickled jalapeño juice
- 1/2 tsp Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Hoff’s Smoken Ghost Hot Sauce
- Preheat your Le Griddle flat top griddle over low heat.
- To make the sauce, combine all ingredients and whisk well.
- Add the diced bacon to the griddle and close the lid. Cook, turning occasionally until browned and slightly crispy. Remove the bacon from the griddle, but leave the bacon fat on the cooking surface.
- While the bacon cooks, peel and shred the potato on a box grater. Place the shredded potato into a thin cloth or cheese cloth, and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Divide the shredded potato into 4 portions.
- Place your four hash brown portions onto the bacon fat on the griddle. Cook until browned. Add two tablespoons of butter to the griddle before flipping the hash browns. Cook until crisped on the outside and tender on the inside, then remove from the griddle.
- Add two more tablespoons of butter to the griddle. Melt then pour the whisked eggs over the butter. Season with salt and pepper, and cook just until almost set. It’s ok to leave them a little soft, as they will be cooked again inside the crunchwrap. Remove from the griddle.
- To assemble the breakfast, first microwave the tortilla, covering in a wet paper towel, for about 20-30 seconds to soften the tortilla. Place chihuahua cheese in the center of the tortilla. Place a hash brown portion on top of the cheese. Place one quarter of the scrambled eggs on the hash brown. Top the eggs with about one tablespoon of the sauce, then some cheddar cheese.
- Fold the tortilla around the filling, enclosing the ingredients in a hexagon shape.
- Melt the last two tablespoons of butter on the griddle. Place the breakfast crunchwraps seam side down onto the griddle and cook until gold brown. Flip and repeat. The cheese should be melted and the filling warmed through.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:Breakfast Smash Burger Tacos
Recipe Highlights and Insights:
The Crunchwrap, particularly the Breakfast Crunchwrap, gained popularity primarily through the fast-food chain Taco Bell. Introduced by Taco Bell in 2005, the Crunchwrap Supreme quickly became a fan favorite for its innovative combination of ingredients and convenient handheld design. The original Crunchwrap Supreme features seasoned beef, warm nacho cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream, all wrapped in a flour tortilla and grilled to a crispy perfection.
The success of the Crunchwrap Supreme inspired variations, including the Breakfast Crunchwrap. This morning twist on the original replaced the traditional lunch or dinner ingredients with breakfast staples like eggs, bacon or sausage, and hash browns. The result was a portable and flavorful breakfast option that appealed to those looking for a quick and satisfying morning meal.
While the exact history of the Crunchwrap's inception is tied to Taco Bell's menu innovation, its popularity has extended beyond the fast-food realm. Many home cooks and chefs have embraced the concept, creating their own versions of the Crunchwrap with unique fillings and flavor profiles.
The Crunchwrap's popularity can be attributed to its convenience, versatility, and the harmonious combination of textures and flavors. Its success at Taco Bell and subsequent iterations in various culinary spaces demonstrate its enduring appeal to those seeking a tasty and portable meal option, whether for breakfast or other occasions.
- Serving Size
- 1/4 Crunchwrap
- per serving
- 48 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 20.9 grams
- 254 milligrams
- 1588 milligrams
- 36.5 grams
- 3.8 grams
- 4.7 grams
- 36.9 grams