Easiest Weeknight Cheeseburger
- By Eric Gephart
- Apr 13, 2022
Chef Eric Gephart fires up the Kamado Joe Classic III Ceramic Charcoal Grill for an easy weeknight cheeseburger.
He dresses it up with some of his favorite accoutrements but don't overthink things - delicious does not have to be difficult.
Yield: 3 servings
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef (3 each, 8 oz burgers)
- 2 tbsp R Butts R Smokin’ R Beef Rub
- 2 tbsp Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 slices pepper jack cheese
- 3 each brioche burger buns
- 3 each (1/4” inch) heirloom tomato slices
- 3 leaves Butter/Bibb lettuce
- 1/4 cup Thousand Islands Dressing
- 1 tbsp Flavocano Smoky Red Pepper Hot Sauce
Stabilize your Kamado Joe Classic III Ceramic Charcoal Grill at 450ºF. Set up your grill for 2 zone cooking.
Place a grill grate over the flame at the lowest setting of the divide and conquer system and set the other side up indirect, using a half moon deflector shield and installing a grill grate at the highest setting.
| Read More: How to Light a Kamado Joe Ceramic Grill
Shape the ground beef into 8 oz portions, round them and flatten evenly and shape the walls.
Season each side of the burgers. Slightly oil the grill grate and burger then place them on the direct side. Close the dome and allow to cook for 2 - 3 minutes the open the dome and flip.
Allow to cook for 1 minute then top with the cheese slices and transfer the burgers to the indirect side.
| You May Also Like: Quick Cured Pork Loin on the Kamado Joe Classic III
Place the buns on the direct side and toast evenly. Transfer the buns and finished burgers to a building station.
Add a dollop of Burger Sauce to the top and bottom of the buns. Top the bottom bun with lettuce, tomato, cheeseburger and finally top with the top bun.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- R Butts R Smokin' R Beef BBQ RubAs low as
- Kamado Joe Classic III 18" Ceramic Grill with Cart$1,999.00
- Kamado Joe Fire Starters$12.99
- Kamado Joe Classic Joe Half Moon Soapstone Cooking Surface$119.99
- Boos Block Maple Cutting Board with ATBBQ Logo, 20" x 15" x 1.5"$99.99
- Shun Classic 6" Boning/Fillet Knife$139.95