How to Make Barbecue Sauce
- By Tom Jackson
- May 29, 2020
In this week's episode of Tips & Techniques Chef Tom takes us back to barbecue basics, once again, and teaches us how to make a sweet tomato based barbecue sauce from scratch.
Sweet Tomato Based Barbecue Sauce Recipe
Yield: about 3 cups
- 1 (28 oz) can Ciao Italian Peeled Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Noble Saltworks Maple Smoked Turbinado Sugar
- 1/2 cup Reida Farm Wildflower Honey
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup Grannie’s Jalapeño Mustard
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp Noble Saltworks Whiskey Barrel Smoked Salt
- 4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp cayenne powder
Combine all ingredients in the Vitamix Blender. Blend until smooth.
Transfer the mixture to a Lodge 6 Quart Enamel Coated Dutch oven (or sauce pan).
Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
Reduce the heat to low and cook slowly until thickened to desired consistency, about 15-20 minutes.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Vitamix A2500 Ascent Series BlenderAs low as
- Lodge 6-Quart Enameled Cast Iron Dutch OvenAs low as
- Purelast Measuring Cups Set$14.99
- ATBBQ New Era 9Fifty Flat-bill Snapback Hat$29.99Out of stock
- Digital Camo Print Apron$34.99Out of stock