Chef Britt fires up the grill for a big batch of Chicken Tikka Masala: a flavor-packed curry with char-grilled chicken! This dish is a surefire winner!
Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
Yield: 8 servings
To serve: cooked jasmine rice or naan
*Recipe notes: If you are wanting to marinate the chicken overnight, omit the lemon juice from the yogurt marinade to extend the marination time.
- Create a marinade by combining yogurt, 1/2 cup lemon juice, and 1/4 cup Jacobsen Kosher Sea Salt.
- Score chicken thighs and submerge them in the yogurt marinade. Allow chicken to marinate for 4-6 hours. (*see recipe note)
- Start creating your curry. In a Lodge Dutch Oven heat ghee over medium heat, add sliced onions and cook until softened. Then add 4-5 Tablespoons Entube Curry Paste, 1/2 Tablespoon garam masala, grated garlic, and grated ginger. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add the entire can of Ciao Whole Peeled Tomatoes and crush the tomatoes with spatula or spoon to release more juices. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and keep warm until chicken is ready to add.
- Set your grill up for high-heat, direct grilling. Take the chicken out of the marinade and wipe excess yogurt off the surface. Grill the chicken until grill/char marks are present.
- Take grilled chicken onto a cutting board and cut into 1-inch cubes. Then transfer the chicken to the curry pot to simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the tomatoes have broken down completely.
- Stir in heavy cream and taste. As an option, add Oakridge Habanero Death Dust to your desired heat level. Season to taste.
- Serve tikka masala with jasmine rice or naan and top with cilantro.
Items in this Recipe