Dry-Aged T-Bone with Umami Butter
- By Tom Jackson
- Jun 14, 2022
Chef Tom fires up the Kamado Joe Kettle Joe for a reverse seared Dry-Aged T-Bone with Umami Butter. These Creekstone Farms prime grade T-bone steaks were dry-aged for 110 days, and pack some incredible flavor!
- Creekstone Farms Dry-Aged Prime T-bone steak
- Worcestershire sauce
- Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star Brisket Rub
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp red miso paste
- 1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star Brisket Rub
- 1 tbsp shiitake mushroom powder
Build a small hot bed of coals in the firebox of the Kamado Joe Kettle Joe, using Kamado Joe Big Block Charcoal and Fire Starters. Install the SloRoller attachment for smoking. Stabilize the temperature at 225ºF-250ºF. Add a chunk of Cattleman’s Grill Pecan Smoking Wood to the charcoal.
Spread a thin layer of Worcestershire sauce across the steak. Season with Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star Brisket Rub.
Place the steak on the grill. Smoked until the internal temperature reaches 100ºF, about 40 minutes. Remove from the grill and cover with foil.
While the steak is smoking, make the Umami Butter. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Set aside at room temperature until the steak is ready to eat.
| You might also enjoy: How to Cook a Steak on a Gas Grill
Remove the SloRoller. Lower the cooking grates to their lowest setting. Lower the lid, as well. Set the airflow wide open at the top and bottom vents. Add more charcoal, if necessary. Add another chunk of pecan wood.
Return the steak to the grill to sear over direct heat/flame, turning to sear evenly. Cook until it reaches 125ºF internal temperature.
| You might also enjoy: Umami Bomb Brisket
Place about one tablespoon of the Umami Butter on a plate. Place the steak on top of the butter. Spread another tablespoon Umami Butter on top of the steak and rest five minutes before slicing.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Kamado Joe Kettle Joe Charcoal Grill with Cart$349.00
- Cattleman's Grill Lone Star Brisket RubAs low as
- Cattleman's Grill California Tri-Tip SeasoningAs low as
- Kamado Joe Fire Starters$12.99
- Vitamix A2500 Ascent Series BlenderAs low as
- Shun Premier Grey Chef's 8"$199.95
- Boos Block R02 Cherry Cutting Board, 24" x 18" x 1.5"$197.95
- FireBoard 2 Wireless Thermometer$189.00
- Fireboard Spark Instant-Read Thermometer$149.00
- Chef Works Portland Bib ApronAs low as
- ATBBQ New Era 9Fifty Flat-bill Snapback Hat$29.99Out of stock