Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe
Yield: 8 sides or 4 mains
For the Caesar dressing:
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed & peeled
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Grinders Molten Hot Sauce, or your favorite hot sauce
- 4 oil-packed anchovy filets, rinsed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, divided
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat your grill to 500ºF set up for direct and indirect grilling. Lightly rub the cut surface of the lettuce hearts with vegetable oil. Season the romaine halves with Cattleman’s Grill Tri-tip Seasoning. Quickly grill two of the romaine halves, cut side down over direct heat, to char the surface. Don’t totally wilt the lettuce. Remove from the grill and transfer to the refrigerator to chill. Leave the other two halves raw. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
Season the chicken breasts with Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning. Grill over direct heat on both sides to achieve nice grill marks, then finish the cook over indirect heat, removing them from the grill when the internal temperature reaches 160ºF.
In a food processor, combine the garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire, Grinders Molten Hot Sauce, anchovies, egg and half of the cheese and process until smooth. Then, with the processor running, slowly add the extra virgin olive oil. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Dice the chicken. Chop the lettuce leaves, and toss in a bowl to coat in dressing. Add croutons, remaining Parmesan, diced chicken and salt and pepper, and toss until evenly combined; serve immediately.