Green Chile Chicken Meatballs
- By Tom Jackson
- Oct 18, 2014
Meatballs are already a tasty treat, but with this recipe they become more! A combination of great ingredients creates a dish unlike any other!
Green Chile Chicken Meatballs Recipe
Yield: approximately 50 small meatballs
- 3 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup red onions, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 8 oz (1/2 a jar) 505 Southwestern Diced Flame Roasted Green Chile
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Mexican oregano
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 lb pepper jack cheese, cut into 1/2” cubes
- Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Holmes Made Medium Roasted Green Chile Salsa
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
Combine all ingredients except the cheese and Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly, by hand. Portion into 1 oz patties.
Place a cube of pepper jack in the middle of each patty. Form the patty around the cheese, to form a meatball.
Place meatballs in a large pan, dust with Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning, then cook at 275°F until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (about 1 hour). Serve with Crema Verde.
To make the Crema Verde, simply combine ingredients, and mix well.
This recipe was prepared on a Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill.