Pub Cheese Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- By Tom Jackson
- Apr 7, 2020
Chef Tom takes chicken breasts to the next level with this double stacked grilled chicken sandwich with Nashville hot pub cheese, roasted garlic & bacon aioli and fresh veggies on a pretzel bun! This is the Pub Cheese Grilled Chicken Sandwich!
Pub Cheese Grilled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (8 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Killer Hogs TX Brisket Rub
- 4 pretzel buns, toasted
- Romaine lettuce, shredded
- Tomato slices
- 6 oz Irish Red Ale, room temperature
- 4 cloves roasted garlic, minced
- 8 oz smoked sharp cheddar, grated
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp Kosmo’s Q Nashville Hot Chicken Wing Dust
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Roasted Garlic Bacon Aioli:
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup garlic infused Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 cloves roasted garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (or other neutral flavored oil)
- 8 oz bacon, minced, cooked
- 2 tbsp Kozlik’s Amazing Maple Mustard
- Noble Saltworks Hickory Smoked Salt
- Water, as needed to thin
Place your chicken breasts on a large cutting board. One at a time, cover a breast with a gallon sized zip top bag. Using the flat side of a meat mallet/tenderizer, pound the thick side of the breast out until you have one large breast of the same thickness (about 1/2” thick). Repeat with the remaining breasts.
Season the breasts on both sides with Killer Hogs TX Brisket Rub. Set on a plate. Cover. Set aside.
To make the pub cheese, start by placing the beer and roasted garlic in the blender. Blend to flatten the beer and mince the garlic. Add the remaining pub cheese ingredients. Blend until the beer and cheese are emulsified and a creamy paste is formed. Transfer to a bowl. Cover with plastic and set aside.
Preheat your Napoleon Prestige 500 (P500RSIB-3). Light three of the burners and turn them to the highest setting. The temperature should reach over 500ºF.
To make the aioli, Place the yolk in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk in the lemon juice. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly to create an emulsion. The mixture should thicken as you add the oil.
When you’ve incorporate the 1/2 cup of olive oil, add the minced garlic and whisk to combine. Then drizzle in the remaining 1/2 cup avocado oil, whisking constantly, until all oil is incorporated.
Stir in the bacon and Kozlik’s Amazing Maple Mustard. Thin the consistency with water, as desired. Taste and season with Noble Saltworks Hickory Smoked Salt, to taste.
Grill the chicken over high heat until lightly browned. Flip and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 160ºF. Remove from the grill.
To build the sandwich, spread the bottom toasted pretzel bun with the roasted garlic bacon aioli. Top with the shredded lettuce, then a slice of tomato. Cut each breast in half, to fit the bun. Place one half on top of the tomato. Spread the chicken with the Nashville Hot Pub Cheese, then add the other half of the chicken breasts and spread that layer with more of the pub cheese. Add more aioli to the top bun to finish.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Vitamix A2500 Ascent Series BlenderAs low as
- Shun Kanso 6.5" Hollow Ground Nakiri Knife$129.95Special Price
- Napoleon Grills Prestige 500 Gas Grill with Infrared Side and Rear Burners, Stainless SteelAs low as