Pork Belly Pastrami Quesatacos
- By Tom Jackson
- Mar 17, 2023
Level up your St. Paddy's Day with Chef Tom's Pork Belly Pastrami Quesatacos, cooked on the Yoder Smokers YS480s Pellet Grill!
- 3 cups pork belly pastrami, small dice
- 9 oz (2 1/4 cup) Irish sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 12 slices Swiss American cheese
- 12 corn tortillas
- Mangalista Pork Fat
- Pork belly pastrami fat (cook the belly first, then fry the cabbage in it)
- 2 cups red cabbage, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced thin
- Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Walnut River Warbeard Irish Red Ale
- 1 cup Creme Fraiche
- 1/4 cup Kozlik’s Market Mustard
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS480s Pellet Grill to 450ºF set up with the diffuser plate removed and a Yoder Smokers Cast Iron Griddle installed (flat side up) over the fire box.
Cook the diced pork belly pastrami on the griddle. Remove when crispy around edges and lots of fat has rendered. Remove just the pork, leaving behind the pastrami pork fat.
Cook cabbage and onion in the pastrami fat. Season with Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust. Cook until softened and crispy around edges, stirring occasionally. Then, pour the beer over the top and cook until all liquid is gone. Remove all from the griddle.
| You might also enjoy: Pork Belly Pastrami
Combine the pastrami pork belly and cabbage and mix well.
Wipe the griddle clean with a towel. Melt a few tablespoons of Mangalista Pork Fat on the griddle. Lay out 6 tortillas on the griddle. Toast briefly (30-60 seconds) until they begin to bubble and puff a little. Flip the tortillas and immediately place one slice Swiss American cheese in the middle of each tortilla. Quickly sprinkle the Irish cheddar around the edges of the tortillas to form a crispy cheese skirt. Place about 1/4 cup of the pork and cabbage mix on one half of each tortillas. Fold the tortillas over the filling to make a taco. Toast on both sides until tortilla is crispy. Remove from the griddle and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
| You might also enjoy: Birria on the Grill
Combine the creme fraiche and Kozlik’s Market Mustard and whisk.
Serve the warm Pork Belly Pastrami Quesatacos with the Mustard Crema for dipping.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Cattleman's Grill Trail Dust All Purpose RubAs low as
- Kozlik's Market Mustard$8.99
- Yoder Smokers Cast Iron Griddle$99.95
free shippingOut of stock
- Wusthof 4-Piece Barbecue Tool Set$150.00Special Price
- Boos Block R02 Cherry Cutting Board, 24" x 18" x 1.5"$197.95
- Wusthof Classic 8" Chef's Knife$170.00
- All Things Barbecue Nitrile GlovesAs low as