We’re sharing with you five of our favorite holiday beverages to warm your bones and help ring in the new year in good “spirits!” Happy Holidays!
– 1 cup spiced rum – 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar, divided – 6 eggs, separated – 3/4 cup heavy cream – 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon – 1/4 tsp fresh grated nutmeg – 1/8 tsp ground allspice – pinch ground cloves – 1 cup milk
Step 1: Whisk rum, 1/2 cup sugar and yolks in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water until thickened, 3-5 minutes. Chill.
Step 2: Whip cream in a bowl until soft peaks are formed, then chill.
Step 3: In a separate, large bowl, whip egg whites, 2 Tbsp sugar and spices to soft peaks.
Step 4: Fold whipped cream, whipped whites and yolk mixture together. Whisk in the milk. Garnish with nutmeg.
– 2 fl oz gin – 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice – 1 Tbsp rosemary simple syrup – 3/4 cup Prosecco – lemon slice for garnish – rosemary sprig for garnish
Step 1: To make the rosemary syrup, bring 1/2 cup water to a boil, whisk in 1/2 cup sugar and 1 sprig rosemary. Let sit 30 minutes.
Step 2: Pour the gin, lemon juice and rosemary simple syrup into a glass, stir. Top with the Prosecco, then garnish with a sprig of rosemary and slice of lemon.
Peppermint Drinking Chocolate
– 8 oz half n half – 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate – 1 Tbsp butter – 1/4 cup pepperment schnapps – candy cane for garnish – marshmallows for garnish
Step 1: Bring half and half to a boil. Combine chocolate and butter in a bowl. Pour scalded half and half over chocolate and butter. Whisk until all chocolate is melted.
Step 2: Pour into a mug. Place a few marshmallows on top, then toast them using a torch. Garnish with a candy cane.
Hot Buttered Rum
Makes enough Spiced Butter for about 8 Servings
For the Spiced Butter: – 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened – 3/4 cup light brown sugar – 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon – 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom – 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg – pinch ground cloves – freshly ground pepper, a few turns on the pepper mill – Pinch salt
For One Serving:
– 2 Tbsp Spiced Butter – 3 fl oz (6 Tbsp) spiced rum – 1/2 cup boiling water – orange slice for garnish
Step 1: Whip Spiced Butter ingredients until light and fluffy. Place in a container and refrigerate for later use.
Step 2: Add about 2 tablespoons of the butter mixture to a mug/glass. Add 3 fluid ounces (6 Tbsp) of spiced rum. Then pour about one half cup of boiling water over the top. Stir until dissolved. Garnish with an orange slice.
– 1 fl oz (2 Tbsp) spiced rum – 2 fl oz (1/4 cup) Kahlua coffee liqueur – hot strong brewed coffee – whipped cream for garnish
Step 1: Pour the rum and Kahlua in a mug. Fill the mug with hot coffee. Top with whipped cream.