Chili Blanco Recipe
Yield: 10 (8 oz) servings
- 2 lb chicken, boneless breasts or thighs
- Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Saica Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 Anaheim chiles, seeded, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, diced
- 1 tbsp Killer Hogs The A.P. Rub
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Mexican oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 (15 oz) cans of great northern beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 quart unsalted chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1 bunch cilantro, minced
- 4 oz (1 cup) pepper jack cheese, grated
- Flavocano Smoky Red Chile Sauce (optional)
- pickled jalapeños (optional)
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill to 450ºF, set up for direct grilling. Place a Lodge Logic 7 Quart Dutch Oven on the right (indirect) side of the grill, to preheat. Place GrillGrates over the left (firebox) side of the grill.
If cooking chicken breasts, slice horizontally into two thin pieces each, to create more surface area. Spray the chicken with duck fat, then season with Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning on all sides.
Grill the chicken on the GrillGrates over direct flame until nice grill marks and some char is formed. Flip and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 160ºF. Remove from the grill. Rest for a few minutes. Dice into 1/2” pieces.
Move the dutch oven to the left (firebox) side of the grill and add the Saica Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the dutch oven. Add the onions and chiles. Stir then add the Killer Hogs The A.P. Rub, ground cumin and oregano. Stir and sweat until onions are translucent, 10-15 minutes.
You might also enjoy: Smoked Tri-tip Chili
Add the garlic, beans and chicken. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring. Add butter and flour. Stir well. Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
When the soup simmers and begins to thicken, stir in the heavy cream and cream cheese. Bring back to a simmer. Remove from grill. Stir in the cilantro and pepper jack. Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed. Serve with Flavocano Smoky Red Chile Sauce and pickled jalapeños, as desired.