Chile Crunch Spatchcock Chicken
- By Tom Jackson
- Aug 26, 2022
Chef Tom fires up the Kamado Joe Ceramic Charcoal grill for Chile Crunch Spatchcock Chicken!
- 1 (4-5 lb) whole chicken, spatchcocked, scored
- 1 cup Kewpie mayo
- 3/4 cup Colonial Chile Crunch
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 3 tbsp Plowboys BBQ The Jerk Seasoning
Build a medium sized hot bed of lump charcoal in the Kamado Joe Classic III Ceramic Charcoal Grill and stabilize the temperature at 400ºF when set up for indirect cooking (diffuser plates or SloRoller in place).
Combine the mayonnaise, Colonial Chile Crunch, lime zest and juice and Plowboys BBQ Jerk Seasoning in a mixing bowl. Whisk well. Reserve 1/2 cup for dipping.
Place the scored spatchcock chicken in the bowl with the marinade. Cover with plastic and let marinate in the refrigerator at least two hours, up to 8 hours.
| You might also enjoy: Grilled Corn Dip with Smoked Cream Cheese
Remove the chicken from the marinade and place directly on the cooking grates, skin side down. Cook until the skin begins to brown, about 30 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 150ºF in the center of the breasts, about 40 minutes total. Remove the deflector plate and flip once again to crisp the skin over direct heat. Remove from the grill when the skin is crisped, just a few minutes.
| You might also enjoy: Jamaican Jerk Chicken Skewers
Divide the chicken pieces and serve topped with grilled green onions and the reserved marinade/sauce for dipping.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Kamado Joe Classic III 18" Ceramic Grill with Cart$1,999.00
- Plowboys BBQ The Jerk SeasoningAs low as
- Kamado Joe Fire Starters$12.99
- Boos Block Maple Cutting Board with ATBBQ Logo, 20" x 15" x 1.5"$99.99
- Shun Premier Grey Santoku 7"$199.95
- Shun Classic 6" Boning/Fillet Knife$139.95