Marinated chicken with pepperoni, sausage and jalapenos makes this BBQ pizza a treat from your grill or smoker. Makes enough for about two 14 inch pizzas. This is a great first pizza that will be your favorite.
Firebug Grilled BBQ Pizza Recipe
- 1/3 cup Tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup Firebug Grilling Sauce Hot BBQ Sauce
- 2 cup Chicken breast or thighs (marinated 4-6 hours w/ 1/8 c. Firebug) grill or bake until carmelized
- 2 Balls of Pizza dough for 14 inch rounds or 2 flatbreads of similar size
- 1/8 cup Pepperoni (diced or thin strips)
- 1/8 cup Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (seeded and finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup red onion (sliced thin)
- 2 Tablespoon jalapeno rings (finely minced)
- 3 Tablespoon Dill pickle slices (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Cooker* to 425 °F, place pizza crust on your grill, cook for 3 – 4 minutes, flip the crust.
Mix together tomato sauce and Firebug Grilling Sauce Hot BBQ Sauce.
Spread over pizza dough. Spread chicken, pepperoni and sausage, then top with peppers, onions, and pickles. Spread the cheeses evenly over the top and drizzle lightly with more Firebug Grilling Sauce Hot BBQ Sauce.
Thanks to Shannon Kimball of Firebug BBQ Sauce for the recipe!