Firebug Grilled BBQ Pizza
- By Tom Jackson
- Aug 17, 2012
Marinated chicken with pepperoni, sausage and jalapeños makes this BBQ pizza a treat from your grill or smoker. Makes enough for about two 14 inch pizzas. This is a great first pizza that will be your favorite.
Firebug Grilled BBQ Pizza Recipe
- 1/3 cup Tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup Firebug Grilling Sauce Hot BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups Chicken breast or thighs (marinated 4-6 hours w/ 1/8 cup Firebug) grill or bake until caramelized
- 2 Balls of Pizza dough for 14 inch rounds or 2 flatbreads of similar size
- 1/8 cup Pepperoni (diced or thin strips)
- 1/8 cup Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (seeded and finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup red onion (sliced thin)
- 2 tbsp jalapeño rings (finely minced)
- 3 tbsp Dill pickle slices (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Cooker* to 425°F, place pizza crust on your grill, cook for 3 – 4 minutes, flip the crust.
Mix together tomato sauce and Firebug Grilling Sauce Hot BBQ Sauce.
Read More: How to Make Pizza Dough
Spread over pizza dough. Spread chicken, pepperoni and sausage, then top with peppers, onions, and pickles. Spread the cheeses evenly over the top and drizzle lightly with more Firebug Grilling Sauce Hot BBQ Sauce.
Cook until crust is golden and crispy!
*You can use a pizza oven, ceramic grill, charcoal grill, or gas grill as well.
A special thanks to Shannon Kimball, the original creator of Firebug BBQ Sauce, for the original recipe.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Firebug Grilling Sauce Mild BBQ SauceAs low as
- Firebug Grilling Sauce Hot BBQ SauceAs low as