Japanese Chicken Meatballs
- By Tom Jackson
- Jan 3, 2023
Chef Tom fires up the Napoleon Phantom 500 for Japanese Chicken Meatballs, grilled over charcoal then coated in a sweet, salty, umami and spicy Japanese barbecue sauce!
Chicken Meatballs: Yields ~13 (1.5 oz) meatballs
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 1 spring onion, white parts grated, green parts sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp Bachan’s Yuzu Japanese BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Everything Bagel
- 1 tbsp Colonial Chile Oil
- Juice of 1 lime
Japanese BBQ Sauce:
- 6 tbsp Bachan’s Yuzu
- 6 tbsp Smoken Ghost Ketchup
- 1 tbsp W Fireshire Sauce
- Japanese rice - sushi rice, nori, kosher salt, Colonial Chile Oil
- Butter lettuce
- Crushed Wasabi peas
- Green onions
Combine the meatball ingredients in the Vitamix food processor. Process until primary bond is formed (meat is tacky and holds together). Chill for 20-30 minutes.
Install the Napoleon Cast Iron Charcoal Basket inside the Napoleon Prestige Phantom 500 Gas Grill. Fill with lump charcoal. Light the burners directly underneath. When the charcoal is burning red, turn off the burners
| You might also enjoy: Asian Sticky Spare Ribs
Form the chicken mixture into 1.5 oz balls. Thread onto skewers. Grill over charcoal to an internal temperature of 155ºF. Squeeze lime juice over meatballs while grilling.
Combine the sauce ingredients in a small sauce pot. Heat over the side burner.
| You might also enjoy: Chicken Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy
Remove meatballs from the grill and place in a large mixing bowl. Dress with the warm sauce, just enough to coat the meatballs. Toss to coat.
Serve in butter lettuce leaves with rice, more sauce green onions and crushed wasabi peas.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Bachan's Yuzu Barbecue Sauce$12.99
- Hoff's Smoken Ghost Ketchup$12.00
- Vitamix 12-Cup Food Processor Attachment with SELF-DETECT®$199.95
- Napoleon Grills Phantom Prestige 500 Gas Grill, Infrared Side and Rear BurnerAs low as