Salt & Pepper Pork Spare Ribs
- By Tom Jackson
- Jun 21, 2022
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS1500s Pellet Grill for Salt & Pepper Pork Spare Ribs. These Texas inspired apple-whiskey spritzed pork ribs feature big-time flavor, bark and smoke!
- Creekstone Farms Duroc Spare Ribs, trimmed St. Louis style
- Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star Brisket Rub
For the Apple-Whiskey Spritz:
- 1 part apple cider
- 1 part apple cider vinegar
- 1 part whiskey
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS1500s Pellet Grill to 275ºF set up for smoking.
To make the Apple-Whiskey Spritz, combine all ingredients in a spray bottle and shake to mix.
Spray your St. Louis trimmed Creekstone Farms Duroc Spare Ribs with the Apple-Whiskey Spritz; just enough to form a thin layer for binding your seasoning to the meat.
Season with Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star Brisket Rub on all sides.
| You might also enjoy: Barbecue Pork Spare Ribs
Transfer the ribs to the smoker, bone side down. Smoke for about 2 hours before beginning to spritz, then spritz the ribs every 45-60 minutes until the ribs are done.
| You might also enjoy: Smoked Texas Brisket Burger
The ribs are done cooking when the ends of the rack stay on the cooking rack when the rack is lifted 4” - 6” off the grate from the center of the rack, and the meat in the center of the rack begins to crack/break during the lifting process.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Yoder Smokers YS1500s Pellet Grill with ACSAs low as
- Cattleman's Grill Lone Star Brisket RubAs low as
- BBQr's Delight Wood Pellets, 20lb BagAs low as
- Shun Kanso 8" Chef's Knife$129.95
- Shun Classic 6" Boning/Fillet Knife$139.95
- Boos Block R02 Cherry Cutting Board, 24" x 18" x 1.5"$197.95