Blackberry Pork Chops
- By Tom Jackson
- Jul 8, 2022
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for Blackberry Pork Chops! These thick-cut boneless Creekstone Farms Duroc pork chops are grilled over high heat, then topped off with a Balsamic Blackberry Rosé Sauce!
- 4 (1 1/2” thick) boneless pork chops, trimmed from a Creekstone Farms Duroc Pork Loin
- 1 part Plowboys BBQ Fin & Feather Seasoning
- 1 part R Butts R Smokin’ Honey Chipotle Seasoning
Balsamic Blackberry Rosé Sauce:
- 2 tbsp Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup shallot, minced
- 1 large sprig fresh thyme
- Plowboys BBQ Fin & Feather Seasoning
- 3 cups (12 oz) blackberries
- 1 cup rosé wine
- 1 tbsp Orlando Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp Hoff & Pepper Smoken Ghost Hot Sauce
- 1/2 -1 tsp Noble Saltworks Maple Smoked Turbinado Sugar
Preheat the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 450ºF, set up for direct grilling with GrillGrate grilling panels in place over the fire box. Push the baffle all the way in, creating both direct and indirect grilling zones.
Warm a Finex 10” Cast Iron Skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and let it get hot. Add the shallot and sprig of thyme. Cook until the shallots are translucent and beginning to brown. Add the blackberries and season with Plowboys BBQ Fin & Feather. Cook, stirring for a minute. Add the rosé wine. Bring to a simmer. Lower the heat and let gently simmer while the preparing the pork.
Season your pork chops with equal parts Plowboys BBQ Fin & Feather Seasoning and R Butts R Smokin’ Honey Chipotle Seasoning on all sides.
| You might also enjoy: How to Cook Steak on a Gas Grill
When the blackberries have broken down in the skillet, and most of the liquid is evaporated, add the Orlando Balsamic Vinegar and season with Hoff & Pepper Smoken Ghost Hot Sauce and Noble Saltworks Maple Smoked Turbinado Sugar, to taste. Cover with a lid to hold warm for service.
| You might also enjoy: Al Pastor Pork Belly Burnt Ends
Place the chops on the GrillGrates and grill, turning when blow grill marks are established. Flip and turn the chops until browned to your preference, then move to the indirect side of the grill to finish cooking. The chops are done when the internal temperature reaches 135ºF - 140ºF. Remove and rest five minutes before slicing.
Slice and serve the pork chops topped with the Balsamic Blackberry Rosé Sauce.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Plowboys BBQ Fin and FeatherAs low as
- Fireboard Spark Instant-Read Thermometer$149.00