Country Fried Lamb Chops with Sawmill Gravy
- By Tom Jackson
- Nov 29, 2022
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for Country Fried Lamb Chops with Sawmill Gravy!
- 9 bone rack of lamb
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Butcher House Brine
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp R Butts R Smokin’ Steak Seasoning
- 8 oz pork sausage
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 tbsp Hardcore Carnivore Amplify Seasoning
- Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star Texas Brisket Rub
Trim the Frenched rack of lamb into three bone sections. Trim out and remove the bones on the ends of the three bone sections, leaving each section with just one bone. Using the textured side of a meat mallet, pound thin each section until about 1/4”-1/2” thick.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, Cattleman’s Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce and Cattleman’s Grill Butcher House Brine. Place the thin pounded lamb chops in the buttermilk mixture, submerging completely.
In a separate shallow bowl or dish, mix the flour and R Butts R Smokin’ Steak Seasoning.
Remove the lamb chops from the buttermilk, one at a time. Transfer to the seasoned flour and dredge on both sides to fully coat the meat. Transfer to a wire jerky rack over a sheet pan.
| You might also enjoy: Chicken Fried Steak
Next, prepare the Sawmill Gravy. Place a Lodge 8” Cast Iron Skillet in the grill, positioned directly over the fire box for direct cooking. Add the sausage and cook until browned and cooked through, stirring occasionally. Add the butter. When melted, add the flour and stir constantly for about one minute. Slowly pour in the half and half, stirring. Season with Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star Texas Brisket Rub. Bring to a simmer. Slide the skillet off to the indirect side of the grill.
Place a Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet over the flame, where the gravy was. Add enough vegetable oil to come up the sides of the skillet about 1/2” high, about one cup oil. Bring the oil up to 450ºF.
| You might also enjoy: Twice Baked Potato
Slowly add all three breaded lamb chops to the hot oil. Cook until golden brown, flip and repeat. Remove from the oil when browned. Transfer to a clean wire rack over a sheet pan.
Serve the Country Fried Lamb Chops over mashed potatoes, smothered with Sawmill Gravy.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Cattleman's Grill Butcher House BrineAs low as
- Cattleman's Grill Lone Star Brisket RubAs low as
- BBQr's Delight Wood Pellets, 20lb BagAs low as
- Lodge 12" Cast Iron Skillet$29.95
- ATBBQ Pan & Jerky Rack$19.99
- Ooni Infrared Thermometer$39.99
- Boos Block R02 Cherry Cutting Board, 24" x 18" x 1.5"$197.95
- Shun Classic 6" Boning/Fillet Knife$139.95