How to Make Pizza Sauce
- By Tom Jackson
- Mar 31, 2023
Learn How to Make Pizza Sauce and pizza like a pro. Whether it's smooth or chunky, Chef Tom helps you go beyond the store brand to create a sauce that is flavored to your taste. As a bonus Chef Tom also covers some helpful tips on knife work, demonstrating the chiffonade technique in order to get the most flavor out of your herbs.
- 1 (28 oz) can Ciao San Marzano Whole Tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed, peeled
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves, minced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp Jacobsen Kosher Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pour tomatoes into a medium sized mixing bowl. Crush tomatoes by hand. Mince the garlic and add to the tomatoes. Add the minced herbs, sugar and Jacobsen Kosher Sea Salt.
| You might also enjoy: How to Make Pizza Dough
Combine all ingredients (except Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil) in the pitcher of the Vitamix Blender. Blend until smooth
| You might also enjoy: Pizza Bread
Cooking both styles:
Heat a Lodge 6 qt Enameled Dutch Oven over medium heat. Add the Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, then add the tomato sauce. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce the heat to low and let gently simmer to your desired consistency, about 20 minutes.
Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Cattleman's Grill Italiano SeasoningAs low as
- Lodge 6-Quart Enameled Cast Iron Dutch OvenAs low as
- Vitamix A2500 Ascent Series BlenderAs low as
- Boos Block Maple Cutting Board with ATBBQ Logo, 20" x 15" x 1.5"$99.99
- Bamboo Tool Set, Multi Color$10.99
- Wusthof Classic 8" Chef's Knife$170.00
- Chef Works Bronx Bib Apron$39.99
- All Things Barbecue Nitrile GlovesAs low as